• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Second Screen iPad app

Thank you on sizing feedback. I have two iPad Pros and they do seem huge for this purpose. I am indeed considering a Mini to be permanently located on my armrest.

You have to use menu and then create scenes. Not sure how it is helping to create scenes easily. Wish there is button start/stop scene etc.
I believe my second screen app on IPad has a start/stop button to create scenes. I'm not near it right now. That's the whole reason a purchased the Apple product. The second screen app is different than the regular Kscape app.

I believe my second screen app on IPad has a start/stop button to create scenes. I'm not near it right now. That's the whole reason a purchased the Apple product. The second screen app is different than the regular Kscape app.
I could not find easy way to create scenes. Also, what are red/green/blue/yellow circles below wheel. It would have been handy if it has subtitle button. The pages works only for list, it would help to work for covers also.

Under system, if I select Kscape experience, it is showing access denied. not sure.

But I love local libray view. Is there anyway to see not only just movies locally, but all movies I bought and due to space constraints deleted?

When content is playing, there's a playback-control bar that appears at the bottom of the library view:

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 7.58.26 PM.png

Tap the button on the right, that looks like a film strip, and you'll see expanded controls with scene, subtitle, and audio options. Important note: there is a bug that affects some of these features on Co-Star systems, when playing content on the Premiere system.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 7.57.27 PM.png

Oh, also, the four colored buttons you mentioned are for Blu-ray Disc playback. They don't do anything on content purchased from Kaleidescape.

Appreciate Mike taking time to provided detailed steps. I am good now to see what is needed. I tried to not look at remaining time as I can guess remaining movie ;-)

I am also assuming it only shows downloaded movies. It has kscape experience link. Not sure what it does. It is showing access issue when I click on it.

When content is playing, there's a playback-control bar that appears at the bottom of the library view:

View attachment 4862

Tap the button on the right, that looks like a film strip, and you'll see expanded controls with scene, subtitle, and audio options. Important note: there is a bug that affects some of these features on Co-Star systems, when playing content on the Premiere system.
Hey Mike, stop teasing us. Is this Porcupine Tree concert film coming to the store? I don't want to buy the disc if it's coming, especially because I'd have to buy a disc player again, and it's only in HD on disc while iTunes has in 4K.

LET'S GO! BRING IT!!!

Hey Mike, stop teasing us. Is this Porcupine Tree concert film coming to the store? I don't want to buy the disc if it's coming, especially because I'd have to buy a disc player again, and it's only in HD on disc while iTunes has in 4K.

LET'S GO! BRING IT!!!
Disc Menu button wouldn't be showing if he wasn't running off a shiny.

I see scripts to play. It looks like you can't see scenes of that script and choose. I wish it can be done in the future.

Also, is it possible from ipad app to make sure kscape is off? As I have two kscapes, sometimes I forget to choose rightone and accidentally turn on wrong one. I don't know if I turned off or not unless I physically go to other kscape and see front panel.

LET'S GO! BRING IT!!!
I wish! Maybe someday. We do have a Steven Wilson concert but I’m not sure if there’s a difference in distribution. In this case, it’s imported from Blu-ray Disc onto my Premiere system and playing via Co-Star. Transepoch has sharp eyes, but the shiny disc is actually something else in the paired M500 player. Incidentally, Closure/Continuation Live is a great concert. I don’t think anything can ever live up to Anesthetize for me, but it’s cool seeing PT play a sold-out arena show. I saw them at another stop on that tour and it was one of the best concert experiences I’ve ever had. I was sitting in the front row in front of Gavin and Nate.

I wish! Maybe someday. We do have a Steven Wilson concert but I’m not sure if there’s a difference in distribution. In this case, it’s imported from Blu-ray Disc onto my Premiere system and playing via Co-Star. Transepoch has sharp eyes, but the shiny disc is actually something else in the paired M500 player. Incidentally, Closure/Continuation Live is a great concert. I don’t think anything can ever live up to Anesthetize for me, but it’s cool seeing PT play a sold-out arena show. I saw them at another stop on that tour and it was one of the best concert experiences I’ve ever had. I was sitting in the front row in front of Gavin and Nate.
Amazing.

The Steven Wilson concert film was one of my first purchases on Kaleidescape, along with the Delicate Sound of Thunder and Where the Light Is. I'm a concert film junkie, grew up on the VHS tapes, I've even produced several, from friends' bands to Tesla, Y&T, Edwin Hawkins and more. I love the art form, and I'm sad to see it dying out to YouTube cel phone footage.

Was just watching the Muse Simulation Theory show last night. I wish they'd release a film from this most recent tour, the quality of the live in-arena camera feeds was better than most concert films that see an official release.

The U2 Live in Boston show from 2001 is so well-produced, it's just a shame they did it in 4x3 SD video for the NBA broadcast.

A good concert film can be just as good as a movie, but too many are produced like a local telethon. So boring and pedestrian. Make it cinema.

So yeah, go pound your fist on the table and demand the new PT film. I don't want to have to buy a blu-ray player again. :).

And then hire me to head up Kaleidescape's concert film production department. It's gotta be getting close to time for Kaleidescape Original Content, right? ;)

One of my dearest wishes is that Peter Gabriel and Sting will release a concert film from the tour they did together. They're both notorious perfectionists (PG especially, perhaps), so I'm holding out hope that this is making glacial progress and will eventually happen. It was such a good tour.

I agree with you, by the way -- I love, love, love concert films. It's an absolute tragedy that some of the best ones (Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day and Cream's 2005 shows at the Royal Albert Hall come to mind) are not only unavailable in the EST channel, but are out of print on physical media as well. I can't understand it.

Absolutely! One of the best-staged concerts I've ever seen. And, we do have that one!

I do have one beef with that recording, though. The concert was originally shot on film in 4:3 aspect ratio. For later releases, it was cropped to 16:9, and a regrettable audio remix was done that (IMO) saps a lot of the energy from Tony Levin's bass and Chapman Stick.

I have the HD version, of course, but I also still have my LaserDisc, which has the original audio mix. That mix is the same as on the CD.

Second screen app is very nice to browse and play. But once movie starts, I liked Kaleidescape on my android Fold 5. I can split screen to share between my receiver and kscape as app as listed here. Second app is not allowing it. I am very comfortable to manage on 7.6 inch fold screen as form factor. My ipad is 10.9 inches, it is getting difficult to handle. May be mini may be better.

Also I like finger gestures on Kaleidesscape app. Hoping future enhancements will incorporate these in second screen app.

1713468574313.jpeg

Yeah, Second Screen was written LONG before iPads supported split-screen, and it does not have the ability to adapt its layout to anything smaller than an iPad. At some point, that may come, but it's not possible today.

There are many great features spread across the different ways to access one's Kaleidescape account, but I'd love to see some new development creating an app that brings all the different features under one umbrella.

I love creating collections on the Second Screen app, specifically adding things to the "Watch Soon" collection so I can quickly list off what we've been meaning to watch. Problem is, I can't access collections on my phone when we're upstairs planning a movie night because it won't run Second Screen.

When I'm in the theater, we often find ourselves not quite ready to go upstairs yet, so we'll putz around watching some scenes and browsing what we have. But we can't access our store Wish List from the OSD, even though we could easily go in and buy a few titles to download for the next few days.

And of course Second Screen won't look at your account, only the server, while on the local network, so can't access it when away from home, either. Not as big of a deal, since I can use my phone, but still, would love a more all-encompassing app that can look at the server, the account and the store all on any device.

Back