• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Second Screen App search limits

Transepoch

Can @MikeKobb or someone else involved at K (or a user who's done a lot more testing on the issue than I) provide some insight into how the search function works? There are a number of times where I try searching for a title (even the one currently being played) and cannot get it to show as a result. I'm not noticing any great difference in searching for the first word versus a more unique one in the title. More often than not, but not always, repeated searches will buildout a longer list of results to include what I am searching for. Possibly related, once or twice I have caught it only listing the Encore titles (switching groups usually brings the full list back.)

Is it searching from its own index, one on the servers, or trying to pull live? Is there a limit to how far/much it can go in one try (x titles/words per attempt?) Anything else we can try to nudge it into being more reliable?

In 2nd Screen, if you are searching within a collection it will only search within that collection. If you want a global search of all movies you need to back out to “All Movies”.

When I can’t find a title that I know I have it’s usually because of,being in some collection.

John

Yeah, as John says, Second Screen's "search" is really more of a filter. It's filtering whatever list you're currently displaying. So if you're in a collection, it will only show results from within that collection.

Also, because it's performing the filter operation locally, if it is still in the process of fetching the complete movie list, then the results may be incomplete initially. I *think* that it will update them as more data is filled in, but it's been some time since I last looked at the code and I could be mistaken about that.

I'm always searching from the All Movies group, rather than a collection, when experiencing this issue. Going to a collection is almost always just a temporary visit to try and get it to reload the list of titles when I can see from the count that it is obviously not complete.

Back