• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Screen Saver

SHOEMAN

What happened to the Kaleidescape floating, coming apart logo on the screen saver? Not its just stationary, then disappears and reappears somewhere else. Obviously not a big deal but much preferred the other one.

PS this is on a Premier System

What happened to the Kaleidescape floating, coming apart logo on the screen saver? Not its just stationary, then disappears and reappears somewhere else. Obviously not a big deal but much preferred the other one.

PS this is on a Premier System
The "deconstructing" screen saver was removed in kOS 10.12.0/8.8.0.

Here's an educated guess, from being involved with many growing tech companies. At some point in their maturation, many companies formalize treatment and guidelines about how partners can use their logos. It will almost ALWAYS include a restriction on modifying or changing the logo, animating it in any way, etc. And once they list those requirements for partners, customers, dealers, and press, then they have to basically abide by those restrictions themselves. Hence, they stop internal teams from doing fun and creative things with the logo that were done in the early days.

Hence, I doubt we'll ever see the disintegrating logo screen saver come back again. The "suits" in marketing have likely killed it forever. (I can say this, as I've been a "suit" in marketing in my past).

It is possible to "help" the suits make a different choice... customer feedback can be a powerful tool. Since this forum is monitored by K, I'll put my +1 here.

I also prefer the animated logo.

i was looking for a technical explanation from someone who knows the code that might shed light on the pros and cons of the animated screen saver vs the current one.

I have screen saver turned off, but the player still goes into a sleep mode at some point, which I wish was an option to turn off as well. If I have the player on, I don't want it blanking out for picture.

Following up on this thread... would love to know if it's possible to bring back the disintegrating logo screen saver.... +1 to the request

Any feedback from Kaleidscape on if that's possible would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

Back