• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Roon Server / client integration with high-res music in K store

iansilv

Just wondering what anyone's thoughts are on this idea of bringing the Roon system to the K system?

I think that would be interesting idea, but I just don’t see it happening for many of the same reasons that there is so much disappointment regarding the similar inability to transition re: digital movie library conversions (Movies Anywhere, VUDU, etc.)
I bought into the Lifetime subscription many years ago and started to initially set things up, but never really did much after. I have had it on the list to revisit it over a weekend and start all over but alas have continued kicking it down the road given how it would be largely a single point of service listening for me without a way to “distribute” the same ‘hi-res’ music throughout the house, outside, etc. without a wired system

I love Kaleidescape. I love ROON. I have Kaleidescape, my theater has a ROON Ready ethernet Trinnov Altitude 32 SSP (Roon Ready ethernet) which does ROON up to 192-24 two and multichannel. And my family room has Exasound s88 multichannnel DAC (Roon Ready ethernet) and Delta Server (ROON Core ethernet) which does ROON up to DSD512 two channel and up to DSD256 multichannel. All via ethernet. High quality sonics.
Much better sounding than using HDMI connections. So ROON for Kaleidescape doesn't interest me. This would add additional cost to the Kaleidescape system and require additional programming and probably upgraded or new hardware. If Kaleidescape were to do ROON, they would surely do it in low resolution fashion, 44-16 I assume, using Apple Airplay. And of course customers would have to pay separately for their ROON subscription. I just don't see it happening.

Kaleidescape is out of the “music only” business. The company demonstrated that with discontinued Kmusic. Use the Strato for concerts— it’s better than anything else thats out there.

Roon is nice. I use it for playing LP “rips” and my CD library. I tried Tidal & Qobuz integrations and they’re not for me. Why pay again for music I already own the rights to play? For me, Pandora/Radio and People are the better music discovery methods.

Back