• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Rome Season 1 release date, Stargate SG-1 masters?

Sorry I missed your earlier query! It is still being worked on. We identified some issues with the way the content was encoded and have found improvements for those. There's still an issue being investigated, however. Long story short, the video is a slightly odd size (presumably a non-square pixel thing). That's what's causing the player to show it as HD even though it is actually SD. I'm not sure if that's going to require another transcoding change or if it will be addressed in kOS.
Any updates on the Stargate SG-1 encoding issues? The first 3 seasons aren't really watchable with all the combing and other encoding artifacts.

Also any word on the rest of SG-1 seasons being added ?
I have a feeling the SG-1 sales dropped significantly after I complained about the quality then Kaleidescape abandoned the project for bringing the rest of the seasons due to poor sales (and too much work) ;)

Sorry I missed your earlier query! It is still being worked on. We identified some issues with the way the content was encoded and have found improvements for those. There's still an issue being investigated, however. Long story short, the video is a slightly odd size (presumably a non-square pixel thing). That's what's causing the player to show it as HD even though it is actually SD. I'm not sure if that's going to require another transcoding change or if it will be addressed in kOS.

Any updates on the corrected Stargate SG-1 seasons? It has been one year since I reported the encoding errors last December.

I really apologize for the delay. I took a look at the escalation ticket that was created for this, and it seems like there are a host of issues with the source material. Some progress has been made on getting a good-looking encode, but there's still an issue at playback time because of the non-standard resolution. I've asked for some updates on what's happening on that front.

I really apologize for the delay. I took a look at the escalation ticket that was created for this, and it seems like there are a host of issues with the source material. Some progress has been made on getting a good-looking encode, but there's still an issue at playback time because of the non-standard resolution. I've asked for some updates on what's happening on that front.
Thank you for the update. I am looking forward to the corrected downloads and the subsequent seasons.

Back