• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Update

Mr. Integration

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I downloaded the but the song listings are different on the replacement. Is this a bug or a feature?

I downloaded the but the song listings are different on the replacement. Is this a bug or a feature?

Yep, I haven’t updated yet but the upgrade says it has 27 songs, where as, my current version has 48 songs. Seems like it is missing one of the discs. I will check with K on this.

John

Last edited:
Confirmed: The latest update does not have all that the previous download had (2 hours 14 min vs. 5 hours 30 min). This is how they received it from the provider. No news on whether there will be a follow-on update.

John

Yep, I haven’t updated yet but the upgrade says it has 27 songs, where as, my current version has 48 songs. Seems like it is missing one of the discs. I will check with K on this.

John

Interesting. I downloaded it when it was originally released. It has not been updated. The description still shows the original 5+ hours, BUT, there are only 27 songs listed. Curious if anyone still has the 48 songs.

Jim

Interesting. I downloaded it when it was originally released. It has not been updated. The description still shows the original 5+ hours, BUT, there are only 27 songs listed. Curious if anyone still has the 48 songs.

Jim

Yes, I have the original download with the 48 songs and the full 5 hour 30 min runtime. @Mr. Integration pointed out the discrepancy before I had updated.

It would be nice to know for the people that have already “upgraded” whether this update can be backed out by K.

John

I hope so as I upgraded without looking so would like to get back what I bought please

Yes, I have the original download with the 48 songs and the full 5 hour 30 min runtime. @Mr. Integration pointed out the discrepancy before I had updated.

It would be nice to know for the people that have already “upgraded” whether this update can be backed out by K.

John

To be clear, I did not update/upgrade. I downloaded that title the same day it first appeared in the Store. I've not viewed it yet, and did not upgrade/update. Never touched it. The description in my collection still shows the 5+ hours, but when you look at the listed Songs it only shows 27.:unsure:

I guess what I'm trying to say is there are apparently other folks (like yourself) that still have all the original songs, so I was trying to determine what happened to cause some of us that have not updated to lose the Songs while others did not (unless the description in my metadata is incorrect for some reason).

I'm posting the above more for Luke than you.:)

Jim

Hi @cinelife and all

The runtime listing was a crossed metadata issue that has been updated. It should accurately reflect the feature runtime later today.

The original extended version has a series of glaring artifacts and other video playback issues when played on any Strato device or newer. It has been off the store for months.
The studio was able to provide us an asset for the feature version of the concert which has no similar issues, but did not some performances. In the interests of making the title available as broadly as possible, we opted to offer this asset on the store.

As we can only make one version available on the storefront, we have discontinued servicing of the original version.
If the studio is able to make the extended version available again, we would share that update.

If you have further question, happy to answer any PMs.

Best,

Luke

Thanks Luke for the response.

I would just say when there are titles in the future that have significant missing content, there should be a way to not have it show as a standard ”Update” or at least “flagged” in some way to warn people. Having less than half the concent is a big price to pay for this update.

Also, I have not noticed any artifact issues on my system but I play through my Premiere system.

John

Back