• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Reset Terra

texmexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Hi folks,

Purchased a used Terra. It is filled with movies. How do I erase/reset the Terra so I can start adding my movies? I already tried to add it to my system and the movies that I do not own are grey. I thought I would remove it and when I did that and then http'd in, it showed all the moves (mine + previous owner..). My only other thought is to activate it by itself and then manually delete all contact through the http interface.

Thoughts?

If you temporarily remove the Terra from your system (using the "Remove from System" button on the Components page of the browser interface), you can then connect to the Terra's browser interface, go to the Movies tab, and delete everything. Then go back to the browser interface for your existing system and add the Terra to your system again. (Don't do the re-add from the Terra's browser interface or you'll have to re-do the activation step.)

Make note of the Terra's IP address before you remove it from your system, so you'll know where to go to connect to it.

Sorry it's a bit clunky. Honestly, this reassignment of a server to a different user's system is not something we really considered in as much detail as we should have.

Mike,

Thanks. I removed it but it still shows discs in my vault. I think some of the content (movies on HD) is sync'd as well. If I select everything on the New Terra including the Discs in my vault, will it delete them on my other system?

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,

If you mean that the now-standalone Terra is still showing the discs in your DV700 as "cataloged", then that's expected. I assume they still show up as normal on your existing system as well?

If you have removed the Terra from your system, and you delete everything from the standalone Terra, then add it back, it won't affect the cataloged discs that are already in your library.

Back