• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

reset M300?

cwcolins

I picked up a M300 to use for my bedroom but found it was set to a static IP and there is no reset pinhole in the back of the unit, no USB port either. Maybe an older unit?
Is there a way to reset to HDCP without the pinhole?

Try this: https://superuser.com/questions/302057/find-an-unknown-static-ip-subnet-mask-of-device/1213414

Install wireshark, set your PC to a static IP address (192.168.1.111 for example), and connect just the m300 and your PC to a switch. The m300 should send out packets continuously looking for a k server and thus reveal its IP address in wireshark.

Once you figure out the IP address and sub-net that the m300 is on, plug everything back into your main switch and change your k server and PC to a static address on that same sub-net. Once everything resets, the m300 should register with the k server. At that point you should be able to re-configure it back to DHCP from the k server web interface (settings> components> settings> network). After you verify that the m300 is set back on DHCP, reset your k server and PC back to DHCP also.

If you know the IP address of the player (which you found via the lskd.html page), you can also reset the network settings via a control protocol command by connecting to the player's IP on port 10000 via telnet or netcat (e.g. "nc 192.168.1.111 10000") and issuing the following command:

01/1/SET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:0::::::

This sets the network configuration back to DHCP. It must be all caps and the number of colons is important.

On a side note, there is definitely a network reset pinhole on the back of the M300 and always has been. Are you sure that you received an M300? It sounds more like you have a 1080p Mini Player (KPLAYER-300) rather than an M300 (KPLAYER-M300).

If you look at this page https://www.kaleidescape.com/m300-movie-player/) and scroll down to the picture of the back of the unit, you'll see the network pinhole between the composite video out and the analog audio ouput connectors. Notice also that the analog connections are all using RCA-type connectors.

On the other hand, if you look at the back of a 1080p Mini Player (https://www.kaleidescape.com/wp-content/uploads/Kaleidescape-1080p-Mini-Player.pdf - page 2), you'll see that there is no network pinhole. Notice that the analog connections are all using BNC-type connectors.

You are right it is a 1080P mini player-300, I did not know there was a mini player another than the M300 so I figured it was the M300. I was able to reset with web interface.It looks like the 1080P mini player plays only DVD's, no BLU-RAY movies show up on the onscreen interface.

It looks like the 1080P mini player plays only DVD's, no BLU-RAY movies show up on the onscreen interface.

That is correct. The 1080p Mini Player cannot play Blu-ray content. It can only play DVDs and DVD Quality downloads but it will upscale them to 1080p.

You are right it is a 1080P mini player-300, I did not know there was a mini player another than the M300 so I figured it was the M300. I was able to reset with web interface.It looks like the 1080P mini player plays only DVD's, no BLU-RAY movies show up on the onscreen interface.

Yep, you need the M-series (M300, M500, M700) for BluRay. Non-M models are DVD only.

Back