• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Requesting a lighter touch

Transepoch

While I like the ability [for bookmarked content] to play all, there is clearly an automated stop/navigate/play "macro" involved that is a much rougher process than I would prefer (takes more time, resets audio options to player-defaults, audio/video/control dropout, etc.) Could there be some logic added to the system, such as that when timecodes between stop & start are proximate, that it just lets sequential content progress natively?

This doesn't just happen with TV content (depending on the material I usually opt to play from disc these days to avoid the issue) or on a Premiere, so it is still a relevant project in a post-Premiere world. I was rather surprised to encounter the problem running through the extras on the download of Frozen II, where the first few seconds of introducing the scenes would get cut-off, but discovered that I could rewind to the end of previous clip and then let it get a running start into the one I was trying to watch. Not having to fight the system would be greatly preferred.

Could you share a little bit more about exactly what you're doing? You mentioned the Frozen II extras. Did you do a "play all"? When you say that the first few seconds of introducing the scenes would get cut off, what exactly do you mean? Are you losing audio? Video? Both?

I will jump in here with a comment on “Frozen 2”. The first extra is the “Sing-Along Version” of the movie. So when you select Play All on special features the first is this version of the movie. So to watch ALL the extras without intervention you must watch the entire movie. Also, when you hit “next” it jumps to the next chapter in the movie.

It would be better to have the “Sign-Along Version” as a movie selection as is done with Extended Versions” on other movies and not as part of the extras.

This is the only title that I have noticed this on so not a big deal for me.

John

Could you share a little bit more about exactly what you're doing? You mentioned the Frozen II extras. Did you do a "play all"? When you say that the first few seconds of introducing the scenes would get cut off, what exactly do you mean? Are you losing audio? Video? Both?
Yes, Play all on the deleted scenes in this case (I likely skipped right to Outtakes on special features to go past all the sing-alongs.)

As part of the renegotiation between the 4k selection screen and HD extras, the video cuts out for a few seconds, as does the audio, but the video syncs a few seconds before the audio re-engages (but unlike with streaming, there isn't a video-only, paused-video sound-only catch-up, and then sync'd period.) Even when going straight from extra to extra there is a resync, but the video is faster to reconnect.

I'll DM you a short clip, which is a poor demonstration, but illustrative enough.

Back