• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Replication process

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I'm replicating all my Premier-system content from a 3U to a 1U+. Replication seems to be going well, and the "replication status" window is showing the first 30 or so movies being finished, but the web interface for the destination server is NOT showing movies getting added to it. It shows only the Kalahari and Kaleidescape videos that come on every new server.

The replication guide says that the source server can't be used for playback during replication, but the destination server can (to players in the destination system grouping). But if the content is playable, shouldn't the web interface be showing more and more movies on the list as replication proceeds?

Replication Status:

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 8.04.44 PM.png

But this shot of the destination server's web interface is not showing those completed movies:

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 8.05.09 PM.png

Am I doing something wrong? Is the replication going OK?
Maybe I should have paired the players to the destination system before replicating... I actually don't care about playing content during replication, so i didn't bother. But I'd think the web UI for the destination server has nothing to do with where players/vaults are added... it's fully accessible (no subnets) and responds with its web UI... just no new content.

Thanks for any insight/advice!
-josh

The content *should* be appearing on the destination server since, from its standpoint, these are just imports.

Does the Import History page on the destination server show the replication activity? There should be an import record for each of the titles that have completed replicating.

Are the new titles in the "Trash" collection? That shouldn't be happening but it doesn't hurt to look.

If you can, I would recommend connecting a player to the destination server to see if the new titles appear on the OSD.

If none of this helps, I would recommend contacting our Support team.

Beat me to it, thanks John.

The Extranet shows the Replication, but oddly has been showing "60 items completed, 0 failed, 2495 remaining" for the past few hours, and the server is connected online, and reporting "connected 18 min ago." Additionally, it shows approx. 4 days remaining, which doesn't make sense given it's been replicating since yesterday, only had 60 replicated, and 2495 remaining, the math doesn't work. (Unless the software sees a bunch of content that cannot currently be replicated, i.e. protected DVD's if the grandfathered status of the 3U wasn't transferred yet, or Disney content downloaded from the Store if he hasn't opted "In.")

I think Support will have to take a look.

Jim

One thing to note:

If the content that has replicated consists of store downloads, you need to ensure that your 1U+ (the destination server) is activated on your store account. If it's not, then the content won't appear on either the BI or the OSD because it hasn't received playback authorization from the headend.

I think you guys are on to the problem. Under Import on the target 1U+, it shows many many titles with "Awaiting playback authorization".

Should I halt the replication and move the 1U+ into the system with the other devices, and move the 3U OUT of that system, then restart the process?

I was under the impression that the source and target can NOT be on the same "system", but other than that it didn't matter which server was still tied to the other servers/players and store account. Thought that at the END of the process, I could move the 1U+ over to the house "system" and then all the content would appear and be authorized.

Is it the case that the DESTINATION server should be in the main "system" and registered before the replication, and the SOURCE server should have been moved out to its own system grouping, BEFORE replication, even if i didn't care about playback during replication?

Last edited:
You can register the new server as a different system on the store, and then remove the old when finished. I've done it twice now. I believe most studies allow 2 if not up to 5 systems.

Kevin D.

Thanks all, I've registered the new server to my account, though left it on its own "system" grouping, and have not restarted the replication. Let's see if that solves things. Appreciate all the help/advice.

If the instruction guide said to be sure to register the new server BEFORE replication, I missed that step, and assumed it could be done at the end.

All fixed now. Moved the 1U into the main "system" grouping and moved the 3U out, registered the new server to my store account, and then restarted the replication.
Thanks all!

Back