• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Replacement Parts Thread

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
If you find 3rd party replacement parts (power supplies, optical drives, etc.) for any Kaleidescape products, please post that info in this thread. Please only post info on parts that you know work in a particular product. Include links to the product if possible. Parts availability comes and goes at K for OOW products, so it would be helpful to have a single thread that provides alternatives for owners.

Jim

Looking for specs on a replacement power cord for DV700. Thanks.
The actual cord? Literally any good quality standard 3-pin power cable with an IEC C13 connector is fine. The vault only draws a maximum of 46 watts.

I too have a sense of humor, but will add that I bet the expensive power cord still works while the expensive disc changer, does not. ;-)

I too have a sense of humor, but will add that I bet the expensive power cord still works while the expensive disc changer, does not. ;-)

A slight difference in complexity..... :ROFLMAO:

Jim

I wouldn’t use anything less :)
On a “serious” note, I have Hurricane going into a Niagara 5000 and Tornadoes going to each sub. All the other power cables are NRG and interconnects Carbon or Water. I never “believed” the “stuff” about cables and TBH I “upgraded” so much at the same time it was impossible to say what did what when - if anything.

What I do know is I swapped out a Water interconnect between my DAC and Sound Processor with an Angel interconnect and it was literally like someone “turned the lights on” in terms of noticeable quality jump. It was literally weird - that’s the only way I can describe it. It’s not like it wasn’t decent in the first place. Literally blew my mind and although I still don’t fully “believe” / “understand”, there was certainly a “moment” when that happened!

As ever, put in the best you can afford and upgrade over time. Having a great AV contact that sells you only what improves your setup is key, and in the right order! otherwise you could spend $$$$ for 0-1% improvements that you may never notice

On a “serious” note, I have Hurricane going into a Niagara 5000 and Tornadoes going to each sub. All the other power cables are NRG and interconnects Carbon or Water. I never “believed” the “stuff” about cables and TBH I “upgraded” so much at the same time it was impossible to say what did what when - if anything.

What I do know is I swapped out a Water interconnect between my DAC and Sound Processor with an Angel interconnect and it was literally like someone “turned the lights on” in terms of noticeable quality jump. It was literally weird - that’s the only way I can describe it. It’s not like it wasn’t decent in the first place. Literally blew my mind and although I still don’t fully “believe” / “understand”, there was certainly a “moment” when that happened!

As ever, put in the best you can afford and upgrade over time. Having a great AV contact that sells you only what improves your setup is key, and in the right order! otherwise you could spend $$$$ for 0-1% improvements that you may never notice
Gareth and I have talked about the power products recently. (Audioquest is 12 miles away from me). We talked about the Niagara and shared some ideas on the engineering side of it. I own a 7000 myself. It is a small utility grid fit inside a cubic foot box. We employ similar schemes on the utility grid side for system protection and improvements Although not necessarily targeted to make audiophiles happy:)

I looked into my system and realized I also own a couple of Tornadoes. These are difficult to bend but they are very pretty to look at :). I want to have an open mind on the cable argument. Having owned a few expensive cables is the proof of it but the engineer in me is reluctant.

Back