• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Rental credits

jbm007

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Rental credits are not appearing when one goes to purchase a movie that was previously rented.

Movie is RESPECT.

Rented it when it first came out and no it is released.

Go to purchase it and there is no credit from rental.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

J

Cant remember, but was it offered as a "Premium" title. If so I don't believe they carry a credit toward purchase

Last edited:
Fine print........... read out coming ................

Must be currently available for sale to download.

Must be within 30 days of when you rented the movie.

So looking to find someone to take the hook out of my mouth.

Respect just cost me $55.00 Oh joy.

I am having the same issue with no time to die. Paid $22 for the rental and now $35 to own it. Ouch!!! I was not aware of the "Premium" factor. Only the 30 day window.

Yea ........... the fine print could have been a little clearer and bigger.

I am sure we were not the only ones.

Jim

Premium is treated similar to going to the theater to watch the movie, we get no credit for that either....I guess that's the cost of getting access to a viewing so close to its theater run. That's probably how the Studios see it.

Jim

Since I rented No Time to Die over Thanksgiving for a big watch party, I will wait on the price to drop to buy it. It would be great if the studio and KScape have a Bond sale at some point for other titles. I own all Bonds on BR disc so if KScape doesn't offer a reasonable deal to take my money I'll just keep using the disc player on those. D2D prices are nuts so it will take a $9.99 sale of remastered HDR/UHD to get me to consider having Bond on K. With NTtD there are 25 official Bond titles now plus the Never Say Never Again Connery movie. At current D2D and tax it is over $700 to convert Bond to K.

I would think that most Bond fans already have the big box set plus the rest of the Craig movies except NtTD. The studio and K need a deal to motivate people like us to take that next step.

Hi All -

@cinelife as usual is spot on - when they describe something as "premium," the studios have theatrical expectations and limits around the film.

A good rules of thumb on rental credit:

Credit usually applies if both rent and purchase are options when you are shopping for the movie.

Luke

Maybe any priming rentals should have another UI that shows premium rentals are not eligible for blah blah. OK to purchase or some thing like that.

Maybe this is already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back