• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Removed blu-rays still appear in movie list? Mass update option?

pickle28

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I did numerous searches and I couldn't find the answer.

I just finished removing 50+ blu-rays from my vault. I have purchased the UHD update or digital equivalent over the last few months and I'm just cleaning up.

Anyways...

The disk server shows the updated disk catalogue but the movies list still show blu-ray titles. I can go into each one and delete the Blu-ray version but is there another way?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.52.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.52.15 PM.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 23
Yup, that's what you have to do.....(unless something has changed to make it automatic).

Jim

Sounds like this is coming too late, but for anyone else monitoring this thread, you can go down your move list (from a web browser) and check the box next to every movie with both the blu-ray disc and 4K HDR version. Then, scroll to the bottom and select "Select versions to delete...". This will present a dialog with all the movies you selected and let you quickly check the versions you want to delete.

Andy

Last edited:
Sounds like this is coming too late, but for anyone else monitoring this thread, you can go down your move list (from a web browser) and check the box next to every movie with both the blu-ray disc and 4K HDR version. Then, scroll to the bottom and select "Select versions to delete...". This will present a dialog with all the moves and let you quickly check the versions you want to delete.

Andy
Yeah, it took me ages to find that despite having read various descriptions. Suspect there is room for improvement from a user perspective but it works well enough for now, just a little difficult to discover that. :)

What Andy said. Also, if you do that, each movie that is deleted will be automatically scheduled for ejection from the vault. So that saves a step compared to ejecting them and then deleting them.

When you do that, your vault will show a message on the screen that says <x> number of discs must be ejected. When you're ready, you just press OK on the front panel and it will start to eject them.

Hijacking thread here but a question in the same region. I searched for an answer but could not find it.

How do you delete one disc in a set?

I added some supplement discs and some of them I would like to remove again. Only solution I found was to delete the complete 10-disc set and also delete it from the trash. After it’s gone it’s possible to start with the 9-disc and import them from start. Sounds like a very long way to delete one disc.

Hijacking thread here but a question in the same region. I searched for an answer but could not find it.

How do you delete one disc in a set?

I added some supplement discs and some of them I would like to remove again. Only solution I found was to delete the complete 10-disc set and also delete it from the trash. After it’s gone it’s possible to start with the 9-disc and import them from start. Sounds like a very long way to delete one disc.
my-kaleidescape.local ?

my-kaleidescape.local ?
Yes. That's were I am.

I can see the 10 different discs in the "Disc Vaults" meny. In this meny it's possible to eject the disc but not to delete it from the server without delete the whole set of 10-discs.
In the movies meny they emerge into one movie and the same meny appears when I click on it so I can still only delete the whole set.

That is how it is expected to work. If the content is recognized (meaning all the discs show up as one cover), then the only way to delete a single disc is to delete the entire title and only import the discs you wish to have on your system.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is how it is expected to work. If the content is recognized (meaning all the discs show up as one cover), then the only way to delete a single disc is to delete the entire title and only import the discs you wish to have on your system.

Andy

Thanks. Then I know if it happens again. I thought so but wished that I missed something.

I usually only import discs that I want in the system but not this time. Had some extra slots in vault and space on server so started to add supplemental discs. In this case it was the supplemental disc for Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me that was wrongly recognized as a not bookmarked version disc 1 of the Twin Peaks: Season 1.

Back