• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Remove a movie from "Paused" collection

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Kaleidescape's answer to me on this was to use the web interface, go to Movies tab, change to "Paused" collection in the pulldown, and then find the movie listed... remove it from the collection.

Found a much easier way - from the TV UI, play/resume the movie and then hit your "Disc Menu" button on remote, putting you at the DVD's menu. Stop the movie.

A movie that's stopped on any of the DVD menus is never kept on the paused list.

--josh

I found that out the hard way - I was watching a TV series and hit menu instead of info on my remote (buttons close together) and lost which episode I was on. Took me a minute to figure out where I was in the season.

Mr.Poindexter said:
I found that out the hard way - I was watching a TV series and hit menu instead of info on my remote (buttons close together) and lost which episode I was on. Took me a minute to figure out where I was in the season.

AH!!!

Me too... then I reprogrammed the "Menu" button on my remote to be the discrete "Kaleidescape Menu" command, adding an additional soft-button for the "Disc Menu" command. Problem solved!

Kaleidescape at least thought this through when they decided to overload that Menu function with two different functions... while there's a combination remote IR command called "Menu" that does both Kscape Menu when in the interface and DiscMenu when playing a movie (which caused your problem)... they also were smart enough to code discrete "KaleidescapeMenu" and "DiscMenu" IR codes.

I blew away my pause marker accidentally many times before i got smart and reprogrammed my remote to use the discrete functions!

Give that a shot... you'll like it much better once you're used to it.

--josh

I would do that, but there isn't much in the way of flexibility in those $7.95 Radio Shack remotes.

Mr.Poindexter said:
I would do that, but there isn't much in the way of flexibility in those $7.95 Radio Shack remotes.
Oops... heh heh, forgot about that. ;)
thought those remotes were only for the kiddies. It's yours as well?
MX-700s are prety cheap out there now on ebay... and my mx-850 file will work fine a 700, with all the discrete kscape codes.

Back