• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Remotescape 2.0 adds full movie support

Josh -- this is fixed in v2.1, available in the App Store now. We added support for iOS 4 multitasking, as you suggested above.
Awesome! This will make a HUGE difference.

We read your detailed forum thread about this feature, and thought it was great. We've added buttons on the movie details views in v2.1 to look up the movie on IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, or Common Sense Media. I hope you enjoy it!
Oh man... I'm INCREDIBLY excited to go try this tonight. This will be huge... I can't believe you've got ALL these external services linked. Can't wait to try it! Will report back... but your responsiveness to suggestions is incredible!

--josh

I purchased it and it is awesome. You can take your I-pad outside on the patio and control all your music you play on your patio speakers. The cover art looks amazing just like on your TV or Movie Screen. If you are considering it you won't be disappointed.

REMOTESCAPE v2.2 update has just been posted in the iTunes App Store. It now supports custom buttons to control other components, fantastic!!

...I've had a chance to play with the new Custom Buttons feature in Remotescape and it's brilliant. I had a few hiccups with the interface to my home automation system (not Remotescape related), but now I've sorted out those issues I can control my home theater and virtually my whole house from within Remotescape. Curtains, blinds, shutters, lighting, projection screen, all the IR and RS232 components in my theater, and of course the Kaleidescape system. Remotescape with Volume control and Customs buttons has for me almost reached "Holy Grail" status of remote control solutions on iPad.
Thanks Dan and Remotescape, keep up the good work!
(Portrait mode and bigger button icons would be my next feature request...)

Remotescape v2.2.1 update is now available on the iTunes store...the release notes say "more robust synchronization with Kaleidescape music and movie library".

I assume you need to be locally connected to your system for this application to work? I wish there was a way to do this remotely. So, if I'm in the store about to make a purchase, I could browse my collection to see if I already own the content I'm about to buy. I know the iPhone app does this, but it would be great to 1) have that functionality for CDs as well and 2) be able to actually browse the collection and use the metadata to suggest other opportunities. Click on Captain America. Hugo Weaving is an actor in the film, here are other films he's starred in that you don't already own...

I assume you need to be locally connected to your system for this application to work?...

Correct. Remotescape is an App to control a Kaleidescape system and is fundamentally different to the function of the Kaleidescape iPhone App.

Back