• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Remote Title Deletion?

jmdls

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I've just run out of storage on my Strato :eek: and need to delete something to make room for Alien 4K HDR to watch tonight! Is this something I can do remotely? (I don't have a VLAN to my house...) Wondering if there is a way to do it through the Store or the app or if I need to be at my home to delete a title?
Thanks!
John

Don't think there's a way unfortunately (unless one our more skilled members has a backdoor....)

Jim

I've just run out of storage on my Strato :eek: and need to delete something to make room for Alien 4K HDR to watch tonight! Is this something I can do remotely? (I don't have a VLAN to my house...) Wondering if there is a way to do it through the Store or the app or if I need to be at my home to delete a title?
Thanks!
John

Currently, the only way to delete content from an Encore system is either via the OSD details sheet or the browser interface (and Premiere systems can only have content deleted via the browser interface). It is not possible to remotely delete content via the mobile app or the store.

Thanks, John. Fortunately was able to get it deleted and with relatively fast internet connection, downloaded the movie and watched! Awesome transfer!

Currently, the only way to delete content from an Encore system is either via the OSD details sheet or the browser interface (and Premiere systems can only have content deleted via the browser interface). It is not possible to remotely delete content via the mobile app or the store.

How do you think will this be added with the next release?

Why wait especially if it is something that you can see a need for as there are simple low cost options that you can use.

1. Fixed WAN ip from your service provider and create a port forwarding rule on your router to the LAN ip address of your K server or Strato player with a hard disk in.

2. If you don't have a fixed ip from your WAN service provider then use a Dynamic DNS service for around $75 a year, configure the service name in your router and again use a simple port forward rule to your K server so you can use your browser to access your server remotely.

3. For a more flexible and most secure option then add a VPN switch for <$150 to your network and get access from anywhere including your mobile.

Port forwarding does come with a risk so use a random external port (any number between 1000 and 65535) to internal port 443 on your Kaleidescape System.

https://support.kaleidescape.com/article/How-do-I-access-the-browser-interface-remotely

Personally I use the VPN option without issue to my home network.

Why wait especially if it is something that you can see a need for as there are simple low cost options that you can use.

1. Fixed WAN ip from your service provider and create a port forwarding rule on your router to the LAN ip address of your K server or Strato player with a hard disk in.

2. If you don't have a fixed ip from your WAN service provider then use a Dynamic DNS service for around $75 a year, configure the service name in your router and again use a simple port forward rule to your K server so you can use your browser to access your server remotely.

3. For a more flexible and most secure option then add a VPN switch for <$150 to your network and get access from anywhere including your mobile.

Port forwarding does come with a risk so use a random external port (any number between 1000 and 65535) to internal port 443 on your Kaleidescape System.

https://support.kaleidescape.com/article/How-do-I-access-the-browser-interface-remotely

Personally I use the VPN option without issue to my home network.

Or get a Domotz box and save all that hassle ;)

Also, if you go the port forwarding route, you can keep the port forwarding rule disabled in your router. Then when occasionally needed, you can log onto your router (assuming it allows remote access) and turn on the rule. Turn off when done. Only really practical if you just rarely need access, but maybe better than just leaving on all the time. SJ

Back