• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Remote Deletion

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Kaleidescape's announcement regarding the added remote deletion capability.

Dear Kaleidescape Dealer,
We are excited to introduce the new remote movie deletion feature, available to customers now. Remote movie deletion enables customers to remotely delete purchased and downloaded content from their systems, wherever they are, using the web store or iOS mobile app* (Android app to follow in the coming weeks). Customers have always been able to purchase and download movies on the go. With this feature, we’ve made it just as easy to delete them to make space for new ones. Remember: customers own the movies they have purchased, so they can download them again at any time. This is especially useful for customers who want to manage their movie library across multiple residences.
How It Works
Customers can view their downloaded movies on the newly enhanced “My Movies” page in the Kaleidescape online store (under the “Manage” menu). Here they will see which movies have been downloaded to their system through online movie store purchases.* The same information is available in the “Downloads” view of the Kaleidescape mobile app (under the “More” menu).
Web Store My Movies
To delete a movie, customers simply select it from their list of downloaded titles. Once they’ve opened the movie details, they can choose the “Delete” option and confirm the movie versions they would like to remove.
Web Store Delete
In the mobile app, they may also download or delete a movie by pressing the new “Manage downloads” button on the main details page.
Mobile App
We are confident this feature will provide customers with the flexibility and convenience to fine tune a collection they love. If you have feedback, please send us an email at product-feedback@kaleidescape.com.
Sincerely,
The Kaleidescape Team

*For Kaleidescape Premiere system owners, imported discs do not appear in the My Movies page and cannot be remotely deleted.

The one sent to owners shares the same info.

Jim

Last edited:
I was a little surprised they aren't using the same method as on the WebUI (uncheck the versions to delete) when announced in the version thread. Makes me wonder if they are testing whether the WebUI really is counterintuitive or if K plans to change it to match the remote delete version.

Very cool featu
WebUI really is counterintuitive
I don't know what it is with how this works, but no matter how many times I've done this, if I don't pay close attention each time, I end up deleting the wrong version... must just be the way my brain works (or doesn't 🤪).

I assume by "Web UI" you mean the system's browser interface, and that you're referring to the feature that brings up a dialog when you try to delete a movie that has multiple versions, so that you can choose which version(s) to delete?

All of these interfaces work the same - the checked versions are the ones that are deleted.

The web UI asks, "Which versions do you want to delete?" -- so you're checking the ones that you want to delete. The mobile application and the web store say, "Select the versions of the movie to delete."

I took "Web UI" to mean the browser interface which is where I've found myself having to pay close attention or I delete the wrong version. I'm not sure what it is exactly (maybe just my crazy mind), but I've deleted the wrong version probably 5 to 10 times and had to redownload it. Thank goodness for gigabit internet :cool:

Andy

I’ve done the same. Some reason my brain comes up with which version do you want to save. 😂

No, titles are not prechecked in the web utility (my-kaleidescape) movies section. They remain unchecked. The owner deletes content by checking the movie you want to delete and moving to Trash. This has always been the process using the web utility, nothing has changed.

Jim

There are two different check boxes potentially involved on the browser interface. One is in the main movie list, where as Jim says, you check a movie and then click the delete button.

On Strato/Alto/Terra systems, where movie quality versions are grouped together, if you check a movie that has multiple versions downloaded, then the button changes to “Select versions to delete...”, an when you click it, you get a pop-up window that lets you select which versions to delete. In that pop-up, all versions are checked initially, and you can un-check any versions that you do not want to delete. The checked ones are the ones that are deleted.

My subconscious must flip the logic thinking the checked title is the one staying on the system because the steps Mike describes are exactly where I end up deleting the wrong version when I don't pay close attention.

Yeah, we did discuss the "sense" of the check boxes as we were working on the new remote deletion functionality. You're not alone in having that expectation for what the boxes do. I did, too! It seems like one of those things where some people just see it one way and others see it the other way, kind of like trackpad scrolling.

It’s the blue dress/gold dress test all over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back