• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Release of KEAOS 3.4

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
K announced the release of the latest improvements to their already excellent KEAOS. The new 3.4 adds the following significant improvements to the Kaleidescape Experience:

* Additional support for stand-alone touch panels and in-wall keypads.
* Improved Music Guide coverage of CD's (especially for the European market).
* Improved international support with movie language and subtitle preferences (each Movie Player can be set individually).
* Easier editing of music album metadata.
* Various user interface enhancements

Although not specifically listed as an improvement, during beta testing I noticed improved import speeds on DVD's (just my observations).

As usual, the new KEAOS will show up automatically in your system sometime within the next 30 days (approx.).

Jim

I've been testing it for a month or so... it's nice, but unless you need the support for those new touchpanels, it's a fairly unremarkable upgrade. Many of the things we've been asking for and I was told might make it into 3.4 (see the "Feature Request" area of the board) seemed to have been bumped.

One thing I had asked for was the ability to preview a song while using the OSD Mix Album editing mode... that has been added which is nice if you use this feature.

You can now see ALL the music genres in your music collections area, or you can choose to use the current method which lists only the 'top' genres.

There are more artist portraits apparently, though I haven't noticed this yet.

And one thing you'll see right away is a new item to "Clear this list" on your collection of paused movies. Not sure that I like this there, I was fine with it being a function you could only do from the web browser, but apparently lots of users wanted a faster way to clear their paused movies.

--josh

Clear Paused List feature - scary

My girlfriend used the "Clear this list" feature in the paused category. Without warning, all paused movies were gone. Efficient yes, intended no. Fortunately I had saved a snapshot after the upgrade or we would have lost our place with a bunch of tv shows that she watches, some shows that I am watching including movies, and some shows that we watch together.

It was quite a surprise to us that this option is a one trick pony.

I agree with Josh, I don't really like the placement at the top of the list, or even on the GUI for that matter. Just too risky.

Good point, perhaps it can be relocated.

(It is a useful tool for dealers that constantly demo the system and pause movies, but I can see where it could be a problem if users are not careful.)

Perhaps a "second" prompt, i.e. "Are you sure you want to clear the list?" would be helpful.

Jim

As pointed out elsewhere on this forum, it's always been pretty easy to remove a single title from the paused list, even from the GUI.

(just resume the movie, press "Disc Menu" to get to that DVD's main menu screen, then stop the movie. that removes it from "Paused" list as Kaleidescape never 'remembers' a movie that was stopped from a DVD Menu.)

I so wish they hadn't added the "clear this list" item... it's too dangerous, but If nothing else, a confirmation screen, as Jim recommends, would be acceptable.

I've passed these concerns along to K.

Jim

Back