• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Region code issues

Andoreaw

Hello,

my system consists of:

- 1 x M700 Vault (set Region 1 for dvd and region C for Blu rays)
- 1 x DV700 (set as Region 2 for DVDs)
- 1 x M500 (set as Region 1 for DVD and region A for blu rays)
- 1 x M500 (set as Region 2 for DVDs and region B for Blu rays)

Problem is: Vaults keep refusing to import dvds from other regions (or even the same region sometimes..), which is very strange since I knew that one component with a particular region in the whole system is sufficient to allow other players to import to import discs from the same region…

I tried to import region 2 discs with the M700, but many were refused (error: “Disc is a region 2 Dvd”), so I put the same discs in the DV700, 72 dvds out of 344 awaiting to be imported are not imported (showing the same error: Disc is a region 2 DVD”)….

The strange thing is that when I try to import them via the M500s seems to work…

Any Idea about what I can try to solve this issue..? It’ s very frustrating …

Thank you.

DVD Region codes are checked during "Import," not playback, so the Region code of the component doing the import must match the Region code of the DVD you are trying to import. Once the DVD is imported, it will playback on any Premiere player in your system.

(In contrast, BR Region codes are checked during playback, versus import.)

Jim

This is what K says about DVD imports: (I don't know why those other DVD's you noted are giving you that message.)

WHY WILL A DVD NOT IMPORT ONTO MY KALEIDESCAPE SYSTEM?​

A DVD import can fail for several reasons.
  • There are errors in reading the DVD. Try cleaning the DVD and retry the import. Always use a non-abrasive cloth and wipe from the center out. Never wipe with a circular motion. If a disc is severely scratched, you may want to try resurfacing the DVD. DVD resurfacing kits are available at stores and on the Internet.
  • The region code on the DVD does not match the region of the component. The component's region can be changed (up to four times) to import the DVD.
  • Some DVD are poorly authored and may have trouble importing. As a general rule, never stop an import until it either completes, or fails with an error status on the browser interface. Many of these DVDs will finish importing, but may take many hours to do so.
  • The optical drive inside the player may have become dirty. Try inserting a lens cleaner disc several times and then attempt the import again.
  • The system does not support the import of DVDs or certain types of DVDs.
    • Strato systems do not support the import of discs. DVDs and Blu-ray discs may be cataloged so that they can be shown in the on-screen user interface, just like content downloaded from the Kaleidescape Movie Store.
    • CSS-protected DVDs cannot be imported on any system purchased from Kaleidescape after Nov. 30, 2014. For more information visit CSS-Protected-DVD-FAQs.
    • If you have accepted the amended service agreement to enable downloads of Disney content to your Premiere system or Cinema One from the Kaleidescape Movie Store, your system no longer supports the import of Disney DVDs.

Jim

Back