• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Region B

MAttHEATLifer

I would like to be able to play region B Blu-ray’s on my system what is the cheapest and easiest way to add this

My Current System is
Strato S 12TB
Alto 6TB
DV700

Thanks

The easiest way to achieve this is to get the Blu-ray region code for either your Alto or your DV700 changed to "Region B". This can be done by your dealer of record (as long as they are listed as the admin for your system) or by reaching out to our Support team.

The only option would be to add a second Alto to the system and have its Blu-ray region code changed to "B". The Strato can't play Blu-ray discs and thus doesn't have a Blu-ray region code. Nor does the DV700.

As long as the disc has play bookmarks (i.e. "Play Movie", "Play Episode", etc), then *any* Blu-ray capable device will be able to play the title as long as there is one device online with the appropriate region code.

However, if the disc is not bookmarked by our media guide team (i.e. it only has "Play Disc" entries) then it will only be playable in the device with the appropriate region code.

Last edited:
So if I were to change my Alto’s region coding to B if movie isn’t bookmarked I will need to put The disc in the Alto’s disc slot. But since the DV700 would still be region A I can still play any region A movie that isn’t bookmarked through the DV700 correct ?
that way I can still play everything.

could I send in the uncatalogued movie for you guys to catalog ?

thanks for info

I didn’t think the DV700 had a Blu-ray region (only DVD). At least that’s the case on Premiere systems. Only the M300/M500/M700 have a Blu-ray region.

If that’s true, you would need a second Alto to play both region A and B.

My understanding is based on the Premiere, so it might be different for Encore systems.

Yup. I gave bad advice. My apologies. I will make no excuses other than to say I was working on a bunch of things simultaneously.

For Blu-ray playback the region code of the playback device is what matters and a DV700 is not considered the playback device (it just spins the disc in the case of cataloged content).

So for @MAttHEATLifer's specific scenario above, the only option would be to add a second Alto to the system. The Strato can't play Blu-ray discs and thus doesn't have a Blu-ray region code. Nor does the DV700. I have corrected my original post but have left the old, bad information (struck out) for context.

My apologies for the misinformation and thank to @baltz for calling me out on it.

Back