• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Random pausing while connected to HDMI matrix

AlienW

I am setting up an Atlona AT-UHD-PRO3-66M matrix and have encountered a strange issue. I have connected a K-5000 to one of the inputs of the matrix just to test that everything is working. The signal distributes fine to all of the zones but for some reason the playback of either a movie or CD sporadically pauses and un-pauses itself on the K-5000. It happens on average once every 5 minutes and the content stays paused for approximately 30 seconds before resuming. The picture never breaks up and the pause status is reflected on screen and in the iPad app. The behavior stops immediately if I unplug the K-5000's HDMI cable from the matrix. How is it possible that an HDMI matrix causes the K-5000 to hit the pause button like this?

This afternoon I also tried the matrix with an M-700 and was able to play a full movie though the matrix without any unexpected pauses. The K-5000 still has the issue though. Very strange.

I had a similar issue:
Strato/ Co-Star to Atlona AT-HDR-H2H-44MA matrix switcher: everything in chain 4k HDR rated/ fiber cables: I got the pauses as you describe and the only fix was to limit Strato bandwidth to 13.5 Gbps
this week I hooked up an Atlona RON 444 splitter: first test also had pauses until I discovered one of the 25 foot cables was not fiber optic: changed it out and everything is stable with Strato set to 18 Gbps.
so it could be your cables...for any long run fiber optic is needed: for short runs in the rack conventional high speed certified cables will work: but K also recommends no cables shorter than 2-3 feet
hope that helps

If i read it right, I think the key difference here is the player itself is actually pausing the content. Like someone physically pressed the play/pause button.

Not sure if the 5000 supports CEC controls, but that's where i would start (or disabling it on all TVs).

Kevin D.

We don't support CEC, so that's not it.

Is there a control system involved at all? Are you using any of the IR capabilities of the Atlona?

Back