• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Rack Mount Strato

bdo21

Are there rack mount vs non-rack mount versions of the Strato or all Stratos capable of being rack mounted if you buy the rack mount kit?

Thanks

All Strato players can be rack mounted, using the rack-mount kit (KMOUNT- STRATO).

Keep in mind there are actually three mounts for Strato players. You can see all three mounts in the link provided by telem in the previous post. The first mount shown is for the current Strato-"S" (1RU) model, the second is for the Strato-C (can hold two "C's"), and the third is for the original Strato (2RU). The correct mount for the current Strato-S is: KMOUNT-K0509-1. Obviously rack mounting is not required, but all can be mounted if preferred. You need to know which model you have if looking to acquire a rack mount.

Jim

Last edited:
Is there an after market rack mount that can accommodate a Strato C and M300 in 1U space? The round bottom on the M300 makes it incompatible with the square cut out on the Strato C mount.

I don't know the answer, but I've never seen one. You may have to pick up a shelf mount (I use MA) and just place them side by side.

Jim

We don’t make a mount that would accommodate both. I can tell you from personal experience building my home theater that Middle Atlantic will make you a rack shelf with a custom faceplate that accommodates multiple devices. This is especially easy if they already have faceplates for the individual devices (since that means that they have all of the precise measurements).

Back