• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Question about BOLT Blu-Ray/DVD combo

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Anyone buy the nice 3-disc set of Bolt that includes Blu-Ray, Standard DVD and digital copy?

I'd like to buy the 3-disc set (it's about $4 more than the 2-disc deluxe DVD edition... makes sense if I'll eventually have Kaleidescape Blu-Ray)... BUT I really want the deluxe DVD for now, the one that comes in the 2-disc edition. (I'm one of the crazies who watches ALL the bonus material and features.)

I'm looking for a definitive answer to this question - which DVD did Disney put into the 3-disc edition - the minimal-bonus disc from the 1-disc DVD package, or the nicer disc from the 2-disc DVD package?

I've read every review, every forum, every DVD- and Blu-ray chat board, and everyone mentions that the 3-disc edition includes a DVD copy of the movie, but no one seems to agree on WHICH copy of the DVD comes in the box.

Figured someone here has bought that set and can tell me what bonus materials are on the DVD?

thanks,
-josh

By the way, I like this trend of the studios selling BOTH the DVD and the Blu-Ray copies for $3-$4 more than the regular DVD. Great for Kscape owners who want the movie now but also want to be ready for Blu-Ray without spending another $20 later to upgrade the movie.

Multiple Disks

Josh,

I do not know the answer to your question because I haven't bought Bolt yet, but I agree that the multiple disk option is nice for just a little more.

When I bet (then lost) that HD DVDs may win the battle, almost all of them that I purchased had the standard version on the flip side of the HD version, on the same media. I wish BR would do that....

Thanks, Steven

Ive been real busy but I have Bolt Blu Ray at home and I can remember if its just the BR + DC version or BR + DC + DVD. My kids got it and its still wrapped up but they like to look at the box.... where did they put it... :p

Jerry - thanks for the reply. If you (or anyone else who may have bought the 3-disc BR+DVD edition of Bolt) have time, can you pop in the DVD from the 3-disc package and go to the bonus features menu and let me know what the options are there?

Seems silly, I know, but I don't want to buy the blu-ray+DVD package unless the DVD in that package has all the same features as the Deluxe DVD edition.

Thanks in advance,
-josh

Josh et. al.

The DVD included in the Bolt Blu-ray package is the same as Disc 1 of the Deluxe 2-disc DVD edition of Bolt. The extras consist of:

* Deleted Scenes
* Backstage Disney
# A New Breed of Driectors: The Filmmankers' Journey
# Act, Speak! The Voices Of Bolt
# Creating The World Of Bolt
* Music & More
# In Session With John Travolta And Miley Cyrus
# I Thought I Lost You Music Video
* Bonus Shorts
# Super Rhino

Great! Thanks so much Croptop... very much appreciate the answer. Now I know which one to return to Amazon!

--josh

Latest KAOSS update fixes the import of this great movie.

I've stopped buying BD simply because when choosing between the HD or the convenience of K, I prefer K. There are exceptions of course -- (eg) couldn't live without "Planet Earth" on DVD when the BD is so far superior.

Like Josh though, when the DVD+BD option is just a few extra $$, I'll happily spring the extra dough.

I generally buy BR because I expect K to implement their BR setup soon enough and I really enjoy the improved image and audio. Its very difficult for me to watch DVD sourced content now in our theater. For some content though DVD is good enough (kids, dramas- but even with kids, the BR is so clearly superior- check out high school 3. Wow)

Back