• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

PROPOSED STANDARD SCRIPT FOR POSITIONING/EVALUATION OF ATMOS SPEAKERS - TOPS AND WRAPAROUNDS TEST SCRIPT

CINERAMAX IOPH

As professionals (ie. Tony Grimani and myself :)) learn more on how to position loudspeakers for best immersion the DOLBY Home Atmos standards are being found not to be the best practices to achieve a true bubble. This script will sound best with the separation of the tops being closer to the Cinema Standards 30 degree vs. 45, also the surround wraparounds will sound closer to the best Atmos mix rooms if the speakers are detached from the walls on brackets and pointed at the MLP. This decouples the boundaries from the speakers eliminating the need for equalization, but better more intimate imaging as well.

With so many Kaleidescape users sporting high-Quality surround processors at home, this particular script focuses razor-sharply on the most immersive elements of home Atmos, TOPS Imaging, and surround channel immersion.

Standards are always a good thing, although there is nothing new here to those that have my previous scripts I am hoping that by focusing on a small batch of demo clips, that it helps you understand better your home theater's immersive capabilities so that our dialogue in this subject matter can gain momentum, which will help the industry in general..

Attachments

• script_CINERAMAX_Overhead_Stomps_and_Wraparounds.dat
    2.4 KB · Views: 31
I understand that some may not have all the movies in the script, I do recommend with my highest personal guarantee that you download the following 3: 10 Cloverfield, Pet Sematary, and Goosebumps. After you hear those 3 clips, I believe you will want to grab all the rest.
🙂

Attachments

• Proposed Standard ATMOS Script.PNG
    Proposed Standard ATMOS Script.PNG
    144.8 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for this, Peter! Which Pet Sematary - 1989 or 2019?

John

Peter.
Hansel
Sherlock
The above Titles are DTS and not ATMOS!!
I was thinking this was a ATMOS only script?? Am I missing something.
Thanks for contributing - I had to buy a few movies but I look forward to trying your scripts so totally worth it.

Hi Ash, Actually there are three dtshd that image wildly close to a native object mix on neural-x. They are exceptional cases. Let me know how you like it.

All of these movies are HDR except for Gretel & Hansel. If you import the Script and have the right version of the movie, the Script will automatically “mark” the new custom scenes Peter has made. If you only have the UHD versions In your system the HDR scenes will not load.

I have also had a few cases that after doing an “Update” from the Store the movie versions will not match and these scenes will not import.

John

Yes, that is one thing I don’t like about the “updates” - it wipes out all the user marked scenes. But Kaleidescape did/does warn is that this would/will happen and I like getting notified about the changes.

John

Back