• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Prometheus Audio File/Vent Session

Whitney

Does anyone know what sort of audio the HDR of Prometheus has? It is just listed as "5.1" which I haven't seen before. No Dolby or anything. Is this "LOSSY"? The HD version has DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1. Is this maybe a typo and the HDR version is DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1?

This is going to sound really really dumb, but can I try emailing Fox folks about when updated audio files will be sent to K since there is ZERO communication from the K folks on status updates for these things or what they are doing to try and get these files?

I've mentioned it on the AVS forum, but its not that big of a deal as long as there is transparency and clear communication about the status and what is being done by K to get the best quality files. What becomes a huge source of frustration is when the response is just "its on the studio"...

Thanks!

Whit

Regarding the advanced codecs for Fox, it's being worked. It's not just in limbo on the studio or sitting dormant. They are working. Nothing we can do for now but wait.

Concerning advanced codecs on 20th Century, it is interesting to look back at the last titles added to the Store from this studio that has now merged with Disney.

The last two titles added were:
”Underwater“ which was added to the Store on 14 April 2020
“Call of the Wild” which was added to the Store on 31 March 2020

On both Vudu and iTunes, the first of these of these titles only has DD 5.1 on both platforms; while the latter title has DD 5.1 on Vudu and Atmos on iTunes.

So I can’t tell that there has been a full Dolby Atmos titles released since the merge and especially since K said they were working with this Studio. In fact, I can, see anything forecast for future release from 20th Century.

John

Back