• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Projector Recommendation

House72

Hello All

I recently acquired a Strato and integrated my Alto and disc server using Co star. Now I am looking to get a 4K projector.

I am thinking either Sony 295ES/695ES or the JVC ones in that same price range. Do you guys have any recommendations?

I plan to keep my Carada Precision Series screen for now (110 inch diagonal)

Cheers

Hello All

I recently acquired a Strato and integrated my Alto and disc server using Co star. Now I am looking to get a 4K projector.

I am thinking either Sony 295ES/695ES or the JVC ones in that same price range. Do you guys have any recommendations?

I plan to keep my Carada Precision Series screen for now (110 inch diagonal)

Cheers

I recommend the JVC NX series (NX5, NX7, or NX9) - particularly with Kaleidescape. JVC is releasing a firmware update in a couple of weeks that does DTM (Dynamic Tone Mapping) for HDR content. Sony does not have this feature and you would need some pretty expensive outboard gear to get a similar result. Also, the black levels on JVC are terrific (excellent for movies). I just purchased an NX9 and the picture from Kaleidescape is stunning.

Thanks. I cannot afford NX9. I will check out NX7. I assume the dynamic tone mapping update is coming tp 7 as well.

Cheers

Check out the NX5 as well. The NX7 just increased in price making the NX5 an even better deal (comparatively). As I recall the main improvements with the NX7 are an additional 100 lumens of brightness (that is not a lot), a wider color gamut (HDR color filter for 100% DCI; cuts 10% of light with high lamp, 20% with low lamp), and a little bit higher contrast (lamp iris; said to be a subtle difference).

There are rumors that the new firmware will be dropping in about a week - and I am pretty sure that the firmware is available for all models.

Check out the NX5 as well. The NX7 just increased in price making the NX5 an even better deal (comparatively). As I recall the main improvements with the NX7 are an additional 100 lumens of brightness (that is not a lot), a wider color gamut (HDR color filter for 100% DCI; cuts 10% of light with high lamp, 20% with low lamp), and a little bit higher contrast (lamp iris; said to be a subtle difference).

There are rumors that the new firmware will be dropping in about a week - and I am pretty sure that the firmware is available for all models.

Thanks so much. I already ordered the NX7. Thanks again.

Cheers

Raj

Guys I am enjoying my NX 7 and now thinking of getting a UST for my bedroom. Did someone try the new epson? Is it possible to ceiling mount this or can only be placed on a table?

Looks like you can install it inverted. On p. 108 of the User Guide (https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd5/cpd57962.pdf), it mentions that the projection settings are "Front, Front/Upside Down" and the description is: "Change this setting depending on how the projector is installed."

There are warnings in the manual about not installing the projector vertically but nothing about upside down.

If you *do* end up getting one, I'd be very interested in your impressions of it.

Back