• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Problems with Total Recall Blu Ray

dlittle

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I just imported the blu ray version of Total Recall (2012), which seemed to go OK. But when playing the movie, it freezes up, with an error message of Difficulty Reading the Disc. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Another set of observations on this title:
If I switch playback to a different audio track, it plays fine.
Both my M player and Vault player hang up at the same spots (both are in the theater room, set as Bit Stream Pass Through, hooked up to a Classe playing Dolby True HD).
My living room player plays the movie fine. It was set for Player decode, as it's hooked up to a TV directly with HDMI. I tried setting this player to bit stream pass through, and the movie played fine. I'm not sure that this setting actually took, though, as my TV can't decode Dolby True HD.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

I decided to watch the movie last night. Around chapter 8 or 9 (I forget now) with about 1hour 6 minutes remaining the movie freezes and I get a message in the upper right corner saying "problem playing movie"- no kidding! I switched the audio from Dolby THD to the next track and the movie resumes, I go back to Dolby THD and a few minutes later it stops again, I switched it back but then I had to go. I hope to finish with the movie tonight.

My version locks up at 53:39 but only when playing TrueHD sound track. All other sound tracks play just fine. I also tried on my Oppo 93 player and it plays fine using the TrueHD bitstreamed to my processor.

This is a strange one..

John

Just got confirmation that Kaleidescape engineering is aware of this issue and working on it. probably will see a fix sometime after the holidays...
--josh

Totoal Recall BluRay frozen in same place two different discs!

Hi,

We bought the Total Recall Blu Ray last week and watched it on Extended version. We got all the way to 1:45:47 and it froze. Even my Blu Ray player was inoperable. Had to unplug it to get going again. The disc continued to freeze in the exact same spot. The player is brand new so we knew that wasn't the issue.
We took the disc back and asked for a replacement. No worries. Got it home went the part of the movie it froze at and the second disc froze in the exact same place again on extended version!

After rebooting the player again, I selected standard theatrical version and found the scene just before it froze on the extended version. It FROZE AGAIN on the same scene. :eek:
What are trhe chanced this is a bad batch??? :confused:

There seems to be problems for other players too.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/122712_1430
"Finally today, we’re getting reports from readers that there may be an audio issue on some copies of Sony’s new Total Recall (2012) Blu-ray. Depending on the player used, viewers are reporting audio drop-outs near the beginning of the film and bursts of static around 70 and 105 minutes in. I’ve watched the Extended Cut via my Oppo BDP-83 and had no problems, but others are having issues on select Oppo and Sony units among others. It seems to happen most commonly when the player’s audio is set to bitstream as opposed to PCM. We’ll try to look into the matter and see what’s up – if there’s a firmware issue or simply bad discs in need of a replacement program. When Sony gets back to us we’ll let you know."

Just got confirmation that Kaleidescape engineering is aware of this issue and working on it. probably will see a fix sometime after the holidays...
--josh

Thanks Josh.

John

For those interested in Total Recall (2012)

Just watched the newest pressing of this title - "Mastered in 4K" - it plays great without any hiccups in the sound, or freezing up, when played in full Dolby TrueHD bitstream pass through. It appears Sony got this one mastered correctly!

Dave

Back