• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Problem discs list from Kaleidescape

JerryL

Just a quick note to all of us who are a little nervous- I heard from one of the engineers at Kaleidescape this morning who assures me they are working to resolve the issues. They do have this list, which I assume is publicaly available. Right click to download the xls file:

http://www.kaleidescape.com/files/documentation/Kaleidescape-Difficult-to-Import-DVDs.xls

it shows many dvds with issues which they then resolved. My gut feeling here is that this is not some evil plot by New Line but simply something unintended thats causing the system to hiccup and the guys (and ladies) at K will get us straightened out soon enough.

That's very good news, at least they acknowledge it and are working on it.
Thanks for the info Jerry.

--josh

Hey, am I the only one that has noticed the incredible "coincidence" that the movie "Rush Hour 3" is on this list and is having problems being imported?

Remember how the director of Rush Hour 3, one Brett Ratner, gave an interview to Variety a month or so ago where he bragged about his incredible Kaleidescape and how he had imported all his movies and would now auction off the original DVDs for charity? (In violation of Kaleidescape's user agreements!)

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224

Now, what do you know... that guy's movie is one of just a tiny number that just somehow won't import into Kaleidescape!

That's either an amazing coincidence, or some very amusing Kaleidescape-engineered payback for the man's ill-advised comments in the press. :D :D

I choose to believe the latter. So much more fun.

Love it...

--josh

That's either an amazing coincidence, or some very amusing Kaleidescape-engineered payback for the man's ill-advised comments in the press. :D :D

I choose to believe the latter. So much more fun.

It does make for a great conspiracy theory but, alas, it's just a coincidence. Honest.

I agree. He probably is so busy that he had someone else setup his system and load the discs and has no idea about such things.

Okay, So I have confirmed that hairspray is also not loading on an Axonix server. That makes all major servers unable to load Hairspray.

In addition, another friend with Xperinet is having trouble loading:

how to eat fried worms
Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny
Rush Hour 3
Mr. Woodcock

We know about Rush Hour 3, but how about the others? Others having problems with KScape with those movies?

Sadly I dont have any of these. Can't bring myself to buy RH3 because I remember reading that Jackie Chan said he didnt really believe in the movie.

Very odd, I've got Rush Hour 3 and it imported without any problems. Not that it should make any difference, but I'm using the Music Player to import at the moment.

BTW, it clearly wasn't as good as the first two. (Kinda reminds me of the Karate Kid series.) (I was actually in Karate Kid II so I feel bad saying that.:p)

Jim

Wow - I've actually got Karate Kid 2, so upload the scene markers for us Jim!

Jim, you should report that to Kaleidescape so they can try it- there might be something about how one reads a disc vs the other... (I really have no idea but its possible I suppose)

Wow - I've actually got Karate Kid 2, so upload the scene markers for us Jim!

Sorry Josh! I don't even have the KK movies imported!:eek:

Funny, I didn't even realize the KK movies aren't on my system until you posted.

It wouldn't matter anyway, my being "in the movie" was nothing more than throwing up a bunch of debris into the path of the wind and rain generators to simulate the storm in the scene where Ralph is climbing the pole to rescue the girl.:D All exterior scenes were shot on the windward side of Oahu.

Weintraub (Producer) is an acquaintance/friend and he happened to invite me to the set that day. Overall, a fun time.

Jim

Jim, you should report that to Kaleidescape so they can try it- there might be something about how one reads a disc vs the other... (I really have no idea but its possible I suppose)

I'll do that right away, although as I mentioned I don't think it should matter.

Jim

Back