• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Priorities going forward

naylorman32

So with the positive buzz surrounding the company, i'm interested in what people would rank as their top "asks" in order to keep their committal to having a K system going forward.

In order, mine would be:

1) integrate disc server with the Strato (just waiting on that fw update :) )
2) more UHD content that comes close to matching what UHD bluray users have available
3) lower prices for digital storage (Terra)
4) bring back the customized intros

Interested to hear from others!

Nice suggestions. No disagreements. My addition would be if changes are needed then I ask to keep things as close to the same if possible.

Most important for me is the ability to import my existing licenced music library. I feel the current system is very out of date by only allowing cd’s to be imported. When itunes was launch I loaded all of my cd’s onto the computer and put the discs into storage. A few years later after coping the library to a backup drive, I decided to give the discs away as they were no longer needed. So I now have 1000’s of songs in my library from both cd’s and new purchases from itunes store, all licensed and not fraudulent downloads. I feel it is essential for digital music imports to become an option at some point in the future. Currently I am running a separate harddrive with all of my music and it means I have two separate systems in play. Not many people buying CD’s these days and digital music downloaded is now mainstream in the market. I appreciate this isn’t movie related however the music server element of the system is really good and it seems a waste not to use it.

With regards to movies I have an M700 and 1U server and now that I’ve loaded over 200 movies I am finding it hard to search for the film I want, considering I am new to the product so please excuse my lack of knowledge but a search function would be good if its not already there somewhere.

With regards to movies I have an M700 and 1U server and now that I’ve loaded over 200 movies I am finding it hard to search for the film I want, considering I am new to the product so please excuse my lack of knowledge but a search function would be good if its not already there somewhere.

Have you tried using the list view for movies? With a 1000 movies I can easily find a movie I'm looking for using list view.

The number pad on the remote can be used as a text pad.

If you gave the discs away, your copies of them are technically now illegal.

Kevin D.

Back