• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

PrimaCinema-why not join forces with Kaleidescape?

Given the cost, I would think they could part with the BR disc.

Jim

Popcorn?........should be the machine as well, and a full time popcorn maker.......:D

Jim

Is this going to be ready in time for the Dark Knight Rises?

Current stated start date indicates it will (assuming DKR is released summer 2012).

Jim

If its for one movie, you're better off buying the high priced premiere tickets where the money goes to a charity.

I think that I am missing something. Several people have called for 4K resolution output. Does such a thing actually exist? What do you play it on? The TVs and projectors I know are limited to 1080p.

I believe there are some projectors that can do higher than 1080P.

If I were going to spend big money on something like this, Id want something to distinguish it on a technical level. 4K would do that.

OR- as many movies are 2.35:1, just make use of the vertical resolution wasted by the black bars.

There are several projectors just hitting the market than can do 4K. JVC has introduced a version as well, although their consumer level unit plays with the pixels a bit to get there. Sony introduced a true 4k unit (VW1000ES) at CEDIA that is due to release in December (or maybe a little later). They were working on their firmware to improve performance (some industry observer's thought the image was a little soft on the 2k up conversions, which is the only real value at the moment).

I'm ordering one just to try it out, so I can report back as soon as it arrives. They will msrp for $25k at last report (spec'd at 2000 lumens, which is a nice improvement for Sony).

There is no 4k content currently available for consumers (other than perhaps a few demo pieces), but that is expected to change in the future according to Sony and JVC. My guess is not for at least a year or two, perhaps longer. It (4k) is however a great marketing spec.:)

Jim

Day and date is not that intersting to me at $500 per title, what does interest me is the quality of the encoding which is said to be greater pixel depth and color quality.

Perhaps they can work a secondary viewing window concurent with the blur-ray release for less cost. I am waiting for a on demand video service with equal to or better than Bluray quality....

On demand viewing at or better than blu-ray?? Not likely. You'd be pulling in bits at about 25 - 35Mb/s. Very few people have that kind of Internet bandwidth. Unless it was a satellite broadcast service, but then it wouldn't be on-demand.

Not exactly on demand but movies sent in advance and stored for on hard drive for future viewing or deleted.

Back