• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Pricing changed?

Vodder

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Might just be me but have a number of nbc and warner items reduced in price? Seems a lot are showing 11.99, 12.99; 15.99 even 18.99 for new HDR?

Or it might just be me thinking they’ve adjusted LOL

Might just be me but have a number of nbc and warner items reduced in price? Seems a lot are showing 11.99, 12.99; 15.99 even 18.99 for new HDR?

Or it might just be me thinking they’ve adjusted LOL

The upgrade pricing changed on NBCUniversal Lionsgate and Sony. Is this what you are talking about. Warner Bros. Pricing hasn’t changed.

John

Ahh, that might be it and perhaps I just happened to be viewing a section where a lot of titles were visible in that regard. Starts to get a little "scary" when you view entire collections and you have the grey, blue or yellow tick next to pretty much all of them - haha.

Now just need a cheeky D2D pricing model to appear on MGM - reckon I'd wipe out a Vault with that :)

Fingers crossed for Black Friday in general....

Just to summarize for those who missed this (originally posted by telem - can’t seem to find that post) here were the details:

NBCUniversal - added upgrade pricing to 4K for $11.99
Lionsgate - added upgrade pricing to 4K for $11.99
Sony - reduced upgrade pricing to 4K from $15.99 to $11.99

These were significant price moves.

Other major studio upgrade pricing:

Warner Bros. - upgrade pricing to 4K for $15.99
MGM - none so far
Disney - none
Paramount - upgrade pricing showed up for a couple of weeks and then went away.
Fox - none

John

Just to summarize for those who missed this (originally posted by telem - can’t seem to find that post) here were the details:

NBCUniversal - added upgrade pricing to 4K for $11.99
Lionsgate - added upgrade pricing to 4K for $11.99
Sony - reduced upgrade pricing to 4K from $15.99 to $11.99

These were significant price moves.

Other major studio upgrade pricing:

Warner Bros. - upgrade pricing to 4K for $15.99
MGM - none so far
Disney - none
Paramount - upgrade pricing showed up for a couple of weeks and then went away.
Fox - none

John

One interesting thing is the new Die Hard releases from Fox have disc to digital available. Are these the first fox movies with this option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's been a few Fox films with D2D. Die Hard ported to my account via UV.

Star Wars IV is also available on D2D! I almost fell off my chair thinking Disney has started doing D2D, turns out Fox are still the studio for IV. All the other's are listed as Disney so no cigar. $5.99 for IV is an absolute steal :-D

I think there's been a few Fox films with D2D. Die Hard ported to my account via UV.

Star Wars IV is also available on D2D! I almost fell off my chair thinking Disney has started doing D2D, turns out Fox are still the studio for IV. All the other's are listed as Disney so no cigar. $5.99 for IV is an absolute steal :-D

D2D for some Fox movies was available since day one. I remember that for most(if not for all) Fox BDs in my vaults I was able to to do D2D. FYI I had bought "Die Hard" in Blu-ray quality on February 2nd, 2016 for $1.99. Yes it was much cheaper back then....

Same for "Star Wars IV" which is a Fox release, reason why there is D2D available. No other Disney movie has it.

What do you mean by "Die Hard ported to my account via UV" ?

I meant Die Hard ported to my account previously via Ultraviolet, however, when I just double checked to make sure, I had in fact purchased it via D2D a year ago. My mistake. I've got too many store tabs open... :)

FYI I had bought "Die Hard" in Blu-ray quality on February 2nd, 2016 for $1.99. Yes it was much cheaper back then....

WOW!! No kidding. Wonder what forced such a leap up. I don't mind so much $5.99 etc, it's when it's $33.99 for HDR and Atmos and you already own the HD version, digital or disc, that it feels harsh (Disney...)

WOW!! No kidding. Wonder what forced such a leap up. I don't mind so much $5.99 etc, it's when it's $33.99 for HDR and Atmos and you already own the HD version, digital or disc, that it feels harsh (Disney...)

Need to make profit I guess? Kaleidescape almost went out of business in the summer of 2016...

What's different from i.e. Vudu? I own the HDX and I still have to pay $24.99 for the UHD. I guess that for the difference in quality, paying $9 more(vs Vudu) is justified.

It’s no different to VUDU or others; just profiteering across the board by the industry. I’ve no issue in paying upgrade pricing but at 33.99 per (older) film it becomes unviable to do it.

If D2D or upgrade pricing was available across the board and not obstructive in its price point then I’d happily trade in my vaults, buy another Terra and upgrade the whole lot but the maths just don’t stack up today.

Anyways, I think this is one of the age old debates :)

It’s no different to VUDU or others; just profiteering across the board by the industry. I’ve no issue in paying upgrade pricing but at 33.99 per (older) film it becomes unviable to do it.

If D2D or upgrade pricing was available across the board and not obstructive in its price point then I’d happily trade in my vaults, buy another Terra and upgrade the whole lot but the maths just don’t stack up today.

Anyways, I think this is one of the age old debates :)

Agreed - must be the stereotypical Scotsmen in us :D - only joking ;)

For the Canadian store, I am seeing some changes it seems or I have been staring too long. Today I looked at A Star is Born, and it is now 14.99 Canadian and Annihilation is 7.99 Canadian. I believe these prices have changed this week, and am wondering if some are in advance of Black Friday. It's too bad there is not a way to sort by price, as I am curious if there are others at the $8 CDN mark as I would love to build out my collection even further.

This thread looks to be a good home for general price changes. A possible contender for a sticky thread ??

Disney have dropped Star Wars movie prices on the Kaleidescape store to a respectable $21.99 for HD movies and $26.99 for UHD. Apple have also had similar (but cheaper) price drops on their store. Deals look to be in lieu of the latest star wars instalment.

Back