• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Price Increase on Some Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Prices are increasing on several components due to an increase in the cost of parts. These increases will apply to all orders placed ON or AFTER April 15, 2019. If you are interested in placing orders for any of these components, you should contact your dealer soon to allow them time to process the order at current price levels.

KVAULT-M700 – new MSRP is $7,995 (Old MSRP $6,995)

KVAULT-DV700 – new MSRP is $5,995 (Old MSRP $4,995)

CO-STAR-HDMI SWITCH KIT – new MSRP is $695 (Old MSRP $495)

Jim

Just a reminder it's the last week for the current price of the components noted above, contact your dealer asap if interested.

There will also be a few accessory price increases, but I don't have the details at this point. All of these increases are because of an increase in the cost of some parts.

Jim

Does that mean the Lumagen licence price for the co-star functionality in the Lumagen Pro is also rising? Not gone 4K yet in my cinema room but did add a 'fully loaded' Datasat RS20i and a Lumagen Pro last year in preparation for the upgrade this year.

The reason for the increase is because of an increase in the cost of parts, and with regard to the Co-Star, the only listed increase is for the "Co-Star Switch Kit," and that's the physical kit, it doesn't mention the Lumagen or Crestron "licenses," which makes sense considering those are not related to "parts." I'll confirm, but I do not think the Lumagen license is affected by the increase.

Jim

Also, other unnamed "accessories," will increase as well, for the same reason, but no specifics yet. I do know some of the repair kits will be affected, the MSRP will increase for many of those kits.

Jim

Confirmed, price increase doesn't affect Lumagen or Crestron License, it is the physical Co-Star Switch Kit only.

Jim

This is sure to spur a lot of sales Jim. The “PC” parts everyone else is using keep getting cheaper. The easy manufacturing of these boards and parts is even more available now. It’s just my opinion. But with NetFlix, Apple TV, Roku, Hulu and Amazon Prime and others all streaming quality stuff, the justification for an increase just seems odd. I have two (2) 1Gig internet connections in my home since gig service is getting so cheap. Just saying. No need to justify to me, it’s just a thought. A price increase on equipment that’s been available for years won’t bring any additional customer loyalty. It’s kinda like paying $19.95 for a CD for a record that’s been available at $12.95 since the record came out. People are smart enough to see the trends. Again, just saying. I’m thrilled with the premier systems I have. I invested $100k+ in the Crestron/K setups and nothing introduced recently tells me I should switch or buy anew (especially at increased prices).

Again, it’s just my perspective and opinion. No one else spoke up so I figured I would. I’m a rebel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understood you Rebel!:D
I suspect some others feel the same way. I'm not privy to the specific reasons for the increase beyond the statement of a "parts pricing" increase. I have no reason to doubt that, regardless of the generally accepted view that computer parts get cheaper every year. In the end, buyers will decide if a purchase makes sense financially.

Jim

New prices for the above mentioned components, and some accessories is now in effect.

Thread closed.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back