• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Premiere products end-of-sale approaching soon, Support not impacted except discontinued products

They just want to use all possible methods to get the word out to all owners. Most K owners don't frequent forums, and many don't have current dealers or emails that would allow an email notice.

Jim

They just want to use all possible methods to get the word out to all owners. Most K owners don't frequent forums, and many don't have current dealers or emails that would allow an email notice.

Jim
That makes sense. Still, it's not something you see everyday.

I did get an email from them about a week ago concerning the 'music export app'. I downloaded it straight away, and it's still running in the background and about 1/3 of the way through downloading.
I did appreciate that they have given me a way of backing up my music that's on K. I do however wonder what will become of my more obscure DVD's.

Surely it would help both us and K out if they knew what we collectively have on our systems? It would provide them with a detailed view of their customer base, and potentially it would add more appeal to us; if their future of downloading over discs is to be anywhere near the same experience that it is currently is.

I'd have to say this is the first, and quite probably the only time I'll ever ask a company to take more information from me...

I did get an email from them about a week ago concerning the 'music export app'.

Are you referring to the Kaleidescape Conductor application and exporting into iTunes (3 levels of bit rate quality) or something else?

Are you referring to the Kaleidescape Conductor application and exporting into iTunes (3 levels of bit rate quality) or something else?

No, this is a little different I think, the email had the title ' Kaleidescape Lossless Music Beta' so I'm not sure if everyone has access to it just yet, but it was an email I got a week ago. It seems to be working ok.
As I'm a Mac user, I don't think K Conductor works on Apple, and this is a solution to this.
I'm not sure if it'll add later CD's that I download to K without having to delete everything and re-download it all again, which could prove troublesome, but I'm yet to see how it works when it's finished downloading my music from K.

Oh right, cool. Yeah Conductor isn’t available on Mac. I blew away all the music I had to gain space and just had Conductor copy everything into iTunes but even the top rate was pants 😬 If it allowed you to do lossless export that will be mint

Oh right, cool. Yeah Conductor isn’t available on Mac. I blew away all the music I had to gain space and just had Conductor copy everything into iTunes but even the top rate was pants 😬 If it allowed you to do lossless export that will be mint
That is what it appears to be doing; it also gives the option of Apple Lossless or FLAC.
I just wonder how it'll work with regards to what it has already completed and newer discs that were not in my K system before I started the download. If it can distinguish between new titles and ones already converted, it would be brilliant, but I'm yet to find that part out.

Just a reminder, Premiere sales end in 6 days, and I wouldn't wait for the last day to purchase a Premiere component from K, it may not get processed in time. Some components are already sold out. Just FYI.

Jim

Back