• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Premiere 1U server still giving private IP and not connecting...

iansilv

Can someone please share what network setting would cause a 1U premiere server to give out a private IP? I have it set to static and when I restart it it works for anywhere from 2 to 24 hours but eventually it stops going by the given ip address and gives out this private ip...

Ian , are you logging into the 1u via a browser? The 1u should be getting an IP address from the router via dhcp.
Is the 1u setup for dhcp?

Ian , are you logging into the 1u via a browser? The 1u should be getting an IP address from the router via dhcp.
Is the 1u setup for dhcp?
No- it is set for a dedicated Ip address along with all the other K equipment.

I am not sure Im following the problem..
So you gave the K server a static ip address via the kserver browser configuration utility (by typing in the ip address of the kserver) . I am assuming this IP address is out of the DHCP server scope of your router.

So then after you set this static ip on the kserver, it will eventually remove the static ip address? but if it did that it should pick up a DHCP from your server.

My suggestion is to set it to use DHCP. Let the router assign it an IP address and then reserve the address on your router.
If this doesnt work then either you have a network issue in your home or you should have your dealer have tech support check the logs

I am not sure Im following the problem..
So you gave the K server a static ip address via the kserver browser configuration utility (by typing in the ip address of the kserver) . I am assuming this IP address is out of the DHCP server scope of your router.

So then after you set this static ip on the kserver, it will eventually remove the static ip address? but if it did that it should pick up a DHCP from your server.

My suggestion is to set it to use DHCP. Let the router assign it an IP address and then reserve the address on your router.
If this doesnt work then either you have a network issue in your home or you should have your dealer have tech support check the logs
I had it set to use dhcp before. Same problem. It eventually reverts to a private ip address.

I agree, contact Support. I'm not sure what you mean by a "private address," I assume you mean a fixed address versus one obtained by DHCP. It shouldn't matter, but if you have numbers typed into the boxes used for manually entered addresses, I'd be curious to know if it is switching to that address (versus generating a completely different address on its own). If it is, I'm curious what would happen if those fields were blank (delete any numbers in the boxes). In any case, I'd still contact support because obviously something is wrong with the server.

Jim

Got it, thanks. That's a first, so would be interested to learn the cause, and if there's a fix.

Jim

Back