• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Post-Credit / Mid-Credit Scenes

SimonSays

It would be awesome if K could add any Post or Mid-Credit scenes to the scenes list. And even add that to the Movie Card (Or Movie Details, as K calls it) with something like "Movie has Post-Credit / Mid-Credit Scenes"... It's a "thing" in movie buff circles, so it would make sense for K to pick up on it ;-)

For those with automated lighting hooked up to their K, I'd always wondered if the theatre lights would turn on at the credits if there was still a post-credit scene to come.

If you stop the movie after the credits and there are scenes still coming, when you check the status of the movie it will still show “Resume Movie” showing you missed something. Otherwise, it just shows “Play Movie”.

John

For those with automated lighting hooked up to their K, I'd always wondered if the theatre lights would turn on at the credits if there was still a post-credit scene to come.
I believe I've read that they will NOT send the "end credits" light cue until after all credit scenes have ran.

So it seems K does know if there are mid- or Post-Credit scenes. So it should be an easy “fix” to add a label to the Movie Card, and even add it to the Scenes list

I would not be in favor of adding these to the K marked scenes. This seems like the perfect fit for people who want these to mark them on their own (and then share on this forum).

John

I would not be in favor of adding these to the K marked scenes. This seems like the perfect fit for people who want these to mark them on their own (and then share on this forum).

John
Curious as to why you would not want them as one of the K Marked scenes?

Curious as to why you would not want them as one of the K Marked scenes?
I watch when I first watch the movie and never watch them again. I want marked scenes to be for things I might watch multiple times or would use in a script.

Just my preference and I could be off from the general consensus.

John

Regarding the lighting triggers, the way we try to do this is if there are elaborate animated credits and/or a scene that comes after the initial principal cast and crew credits, but before the bulk of the credits, we will hold off on the lighting trigger (and because it uses the same trigger, marking the movie "watched" and removing the pause bookmark) until that scene is complete. If the movie has a scene aallllll the way at the end (Ferris Bueller style), then we do not hold the lighting trigger that long.

Back