• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Play Trailer/Common Sense/Rotten Tomatoes

Common Sense & Rotten Tomato ratings are in the upper-right corner. I think the trailers used to be there, but they didn't like to load for me.

Are you looking at the Store from the Encore or Premiere interface?

Common Sense & Rotten Tomato ratings are in the upper-right corner. I think the trailers used to be there, but they didn't like to load for me.

Are you looking at the Store from the Encore or Premiere interface?
I'm referring to the interface from my player (Premier) not having them. The movie store on the web and on the app both have these features. When trying to convince my better half to watch something the Rotten Tomato score would help at times and when trying to decide if something is appropriate for the kids, the Common Sense ratings would help.

Player Interface
Player Interface.JPG

Movie Store from Web
Movie Store.png

Movie Store on App
App .PNG

I know this doesn't really fully address the core request. However, if you are browsing on the Strato, scroll down to the Movie Store item in the Details menu, then choose Related Movies. This opens the Store section of the UI, with that movie selected, and the Rotten Tomatoes ratings are shown right next to the cover, below the synopsis. Press select to open the Store's details view, which will also show you the Common Sense Media score.

We absolutely agree that this information should be more prominent within your library view, but this may be a viable workaround for the time being.

Oh, and of course trailer playback is available in the onscreen display of Strato as well. There are occasions when the mobile app may have a trailer available while the onscreen display does not. We require a certain minimum quality level for the available trailers to present them in the onscreen display.

I know this doesn't really fully address the core request. However, if you are browsing on the Strato, scroll down to the Movie Store item in the Details menu, then choose Related Movies. This opens the Store section of the UI, with that movie selected, and the Rotten Tomatoes ratings are shown right next to the cover, below the synopsis. Press select to open the Store's details view, which will also show you the Common Sense Media score.

We absolutely agree that this information should be more prominent within your library view, but this may be a viable workaround for the time being.

Oh, and of course trailer playback is available in the onscreen display of Strato as well. There are occasions when the mobile app may have a trailer available while the onscreen display does not. We require a certain minimum quality level for the available trailers to present them in the onscreen display.
Thanks Mike for the prompt response.

Unfortunately I don't see anything what you mentioned. I don't have a movie store item in the details menu, probably I'm blind? Have you a screenshot please?

Thanks & BR
Markus

I have yet to find trailer options on the Strato display. Wanted to use it last night prior to my wife agreeing to watch a movie we had selected. I can't imagine all of my movies are below minimum quality. Where do I find that option? (I'm a new K owner, FWIW)..

Thanks

Thanks Mike for the prompt response.

Unfortunately I don't see anything what you mentioned. I don't have a movie store item in the details menu, probably I'm blind? Have you a screenshot please?

Thanks & BR
Markus
Screenshot attached, showing both the Movie Store item and the Play Trailer item just above it. Note that your player has to be geolocated to the US, Canada, or the UK (the three countries where the Movie Store is available). These items may not appear if you are using a Co-Star installation, and the movie you're looking at is an imported disc on your Premiere system that is not available from our movie store. We do show them for imported discs if the same movie is available on our store, though.

Attachments

• IMG_2094.jpeg
    IMG_2094.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
I have yet to find trailer options on the Strato display. Wanted to use it last night prior to my wife agreeing to watch a movie we had selected. I can't imagine all of my movies are below minimum quality. Where do I find that option? (I'm a new K owner, FWIW)..

Thanks
See the screenshot above for where the item should show up. If you're not seeing it on any movie, there's at least one possible cause for that, but I'm a little fuzzy on the details. I'm checking with the team to learn what else might cause it. I'll post a follow-up when I have complete information.

I've been asking for this for a long time. Would love to see that meta data on the movie panels for my library/downloaded movies. +1

Back