• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Play All Songs Added

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I just noticed that K has added a "Play All Songs" option. I don't know when this was added but this was something that I had requested quite a while ago. Glad to see that this has been added.

Previously when I would play a song and want to go to the next song I would hit next and it would go to the next chapter. Now it goes to the next song as I had wanted. In the past the only way I could get around this was to mark all the "songs" as "scenes" and "Play All Scenes". Not anymore...... Thanks K!

John

I wonder if this was a recent enough change to check if telling it play a song will now pause/stop at the end (like scenes.) Was a bit surprised it kept running when using that function the other day.

I wonder if this was a recent enough change to check if telling it play a song will now pause/stop at the end (like scenes.) Was a bit surprised it kept running when using that function the other day.

Yes, this was my other gripe with playing a song. I will need to try this out and see if this has changed now.

John

No change - the movie just keeps continuing on after the song.

John

Is there any way to request for this feature addition. I have quite a bit of Indian movies and concerts, where this will be quite useful.

Cheers

Sorry to wake up an old thread, but could you guys explain why you want the movie to stop after you play the song?

Our reasoning for the current design was twofold:
  1. In most musicals (at least Hollywood-type musicals), the end of a song usually sort of dies out into the scene that follows it, so having a hard stop was pretty jarring.
  2. In a concert, the next song is usually up just about right away. Much like dropping the needle into a record at a favorite track, we have found that many of us want to just jump into a concert starting with a particular song, then let it run.

My thinking is that I wanted to watch/hear the song, so it should act like scenes and pause afterward. If I want to continue, I can hit play, otherwise back to the menu or UI.

Right, but in such a circumstance, assuming that you're just wanting to watch the one song and then do something else, you're presumably there in front of the player can hit Stop. By comparison, somebody who wanted to start a concert playing at a certain point and then walk away (something I do often in the mornings as I'm getting ready, for example), having it stop after one song doesn't work as well.

Basically, one way or the other, somebody has to take an extra step (unless we were to change it so that you had some way to specify up front "play just this song" or "play and keep going").

Right, but in such a circumstance, assuming that you're just wanting to watch the one song and then do something else, you're presumably there in front of the player can hit Stop. By comparison, somebody who wanted to start a concert playing at a certain point and then walk away (something I do often in the mornings as I'm getting ready, for example), having it stop after one song doesn't work as well.

Basically, one way or the other, somebody has to take an extra step (unless we were to change it so that you had some way to specify up front "play just this song" or "play and keep going").

I basically agree with all of this. That is the nice thing about the addition of "Play all Songs" option. Now I can use this and it automatically skips from song to song and I can use the "next" key to skip past songs I don't want to hear.

I still find myself picking a song to play and then hitting "next" to get to the next song and it instead goes to the next chapter. But if I start with "Play all Songs" and go to the song I want the "next" button works exactly like I want.

Thank you for adding the "Play all Songs" option! It really adds a lot of flexibility that I didn't have before.

John

Back