• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Pink screen after turning k system on.

Onnkar

Hi all,
It hapens about once every 4 months or so, my k system starts, everything works fine but everything displaying on screen is shown in a shade of pink. Even selected movie playing is in a shade of pink. this hapenes Both on my m300 and m700 randomly. M300 connected to denon receiver and from there to pioneer kuro fd141 plasma while m700 is connected to onkyo reciever and from there to Sony LCD. Cat 6 wiring with 1 gig netgear switches all through house.
Turning the player off and then on again resolves the problem.
Is anybody getting same behavior on their k system?
Any thoughts?
Thanks.:)

Ever have the problem with another input source?

I have had this happen and it wasn't always with just one source. In fact, it happened before I had a K system. Not always pink per se, but strange color tonality. I always assumed it was a problem with the HDMI handshake to the TV. Like you, I recycle and all is well.
Hope I'm not leading you astray.

As stated by BigHat, this is an HDMI handshake issue. A method that seems to help is to turn on the display first, then the sources. If you use a VP or source switching device in the chain, we usually recommend turning those on after the display and before the source (basically move backward from the display). Just suggestions, these should not be necessary, but not all components/cables are made to exacting specs, and we all know that HDMI comes with issues.

Most of us leave our K components "On", and by turning the Player (source) off/on you are correcting the handshake.

Jim

Thank you so much for replies.
All my tv's are set to turn on last.
I will be changing order in our remotes so display turns on first. Will see if that helps hdmi handshake.
The onkyo reciever takes forever to start up and apply the correct hdmi input.
I would love to Leave k system on but we have frequent power outages, k losses power and then remote thinks its still on.
I still use Logitech 900 RF remote. :) for each room.
Maybe I should connect k system to battery backup/surge protector so k system always stays on.
Anyways, thanks again for replies.

Back