• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Picture BUT no sound!!?? Quick Question Pls

Panamar

Hi Guys

Just want to rule this out (as not being the K system) but is anyone else have repeated loss of sound via a M300 player at the moment???

I have full picture (BD & DVD) but no sound :(

Next step will be the Anthem (which I have all bets on at the mo)!

Pan.

Are you connected via HDMI? I suspect a handshake issue. This happens. Try turning off and then on the devices and if that doesn't work change the order. The device chain includes your display/ monitor/ projector.

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the reply. I have now tried several other hdmi leads and still no sound so I tried connecting the M300 player directly to the TV and still no sound. Im thinking that the M300 player may be at fault now.

Will contact my dealer and see if he can monitor/test the M300 remotely.

Rgds

Pan

I had a similar problem a while ago. I swapped the player's in two different zones to see if the fault would transfer. The fault disappeared.

I put everything back to normal and fault didn't reappear... no problems since then!

I had a similar problem a while ago. I swapped the player's in two different zones to see if the fault would transfer. The fault disappeared.

I put everything back to normal and fault didn't reappear... no problems since then!

Ok... here's the deal :eek:

I pulled the power supply from the back of the M300 waited 5 minutes then reconnected. I now have sound!!

Would you damn it... I reset the Anthem yesterday also... so another day of setting up and three months of tweeking!! Arrrr... :eek:

But glad I have sound now. Phew!! Thanks JDS for the advice.

Pan

I pulled the power supply from the back of the M300 waited 5 minutes then reconnected. I now have sound!!

I think it is safe to say that the time honoured remedy for a calcitrant electrical device (a slap on the side or a thump on back) has been replaced by "un-plug it and try again later".

I hope that's the end of your have sound problems.

Back