• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

OFF-TOPIC Pfizer and Moderna's Vaccines

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hi Folks, sorry to use this public platform to post something completely unrelated to our AV interests, but having this ability I felt the need to post this comment, especially because the Forum (just our main domain as far as we know) received an ant-vaccine email this morning. In the unlikely event any of you received the same, or similar email, please do your own research if you have concerns about the vaccines mentioned.

First, I'm not a Dr., not a virologist, not an epidemiologist, so clearly I'm NOT speaking with any knowledge derived from those backgrounds. I'm also not trying to convince people to get the mRNA vaccines developed by either company. I'm also NOT a shareholder in either company, nor any related company.

As some of you already know, I did participate in the Pfizer study, and several private tests for the Covid antibodies (the study doesn't tell us) revealed I carry the IgG antibodies that indicate I received the vaccine, and am likely immune. Like a couple of others I know that received the vaccine, we all have the antibodies. That, and my conversations with the study Rep's and a Pfizer Rep, are the extent of my knowledge when it comes to these vaccines.

That said, there are several emails floating around, and social media postings, that claim these mRNA vaccines are, among other things, permanently modifying a person's DNA. These emails and posting provide various links to what they refer to as proof this is happening, and one in particular makes the claim that "Bill Gates" acknowledged this in a video. They also make some other, what I think are crazy, claims related to religion.

If you take the time to do your own research, and not use the links in these emails and postings, you will find that Bill Gates did not make any such claim, and in the referenced video, he was only discussing certain aspects of vaccine development, and other highly respected scientists have made it clear that mRNA vaccines DO NOT alter human DNA in any way, and claims to the contrary are false.

The point here is simple, if you're concerned, do your own research, and if you do I believe you will find these vaccines are safe, effective, and the potential side-effects are minimal compared to what can happen if you get the virus (the tennis pro I hit with here 4 days a week has been over the virus for 3 weeks, but has still not recovered his senses of taste and smell, and according to his Dr., may never recover those senses. He's unable to eat because of this, losing weight in a bad way, is depressed, and is a changed person from the guy I know. He is one example of someone that beat the virus, but not one of the potential long term issues (at least to this point). I personally recommend people get vaccinated as soon as you are able, but the choice of vaccine is obviously up to you.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this doesn't come off as "preaching," as that is not my intent.

Best to you, regardless of what you decide!

Jim

Well written, Jim.

Many years ago, before my surgery training, my first degree was in Microbiology and Immunology. This is a true, world-wide Pandemic, which luckily, is not a more common event. It is truly a serious disease, with a number of potentially long-term consequences for those that do otherwise recover, as Jim has described. There is much we still do not know and it is our moral duty to do everything we can do to minimize spread for the sake of our family, friends, our fellow human beings, and ourselves. Please, wear a mask, social distance when possible, wash your hands and please, get the vaccine when you are able. Let's all work together to get to the other side of this.

My family and I will all be anxious to get the vaccine as soon as it is offered. It will be so nice to eventually see our family again, including our granddaughter who is recovering from a childhood cancer and is immune-compromised. Even though she is too young to get the vaccine herself, knowing that the rest of the family is protected makes visits possible at some point.

As Jim said, I am not here to preach, but to hopefully encourage all of us to do the best we can.

Regards and best wishes to all,

Wayne

Jim:

Just wondering if you had any thoughts/insights on the Johnson and Johnson single dose?

Jim, I 100% agree. I have several relatives, doctors, one highly involved with Covid-19 testing and treatment since the start. I am scheduled to get my first Phizer vaccine injection Feb 21 and I wish it were sooner!

Hi Lon, sorry I didn't answer yesterday, had a medical procedure that sidelined me for most of the day. As you likely know, they are different vaccines, with the J&J vaccine being recombinant in nature (uses a small section of the actual virus to trigger your immune system). If the efficacy studies of these companies (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J (actually "Janssen"), are to be believed, then J&J's vaccine is not quite as effective as Pfizer and Moderna, but it does meet the level required to be approved, assuming there are no other issues. J&J claims an effective rate of 66% (announced 1/29/21), while Pfizer and Moderna claim 95%.

Personally, I'd have no problem taking the J&J if that was the first offered to me (and if I wasn't already vaccinated). None of these companies knows how long the antibody protections remain in the body (same for those that recovered from the virus), but so far the Pfizer vaccine antibodies are still in my body as I enter month 4. I know one other person that has confirmed their antibodies are still strong, and they are entering month 7 in 2 weeks.

I guess the J&J vaccine is more attractive to people that hate injections, and don't mind the difference in efficacy levels (assuming any of these are accurate). One of my Sisters is in this category, she never takes the flu shot either, but is willing to take one of J&J's vaccine when available.

That's all I know, and it's mostly opinion only.

Jim

Last edited:
I had Moderna first round a few weeks back and no issues. Second shot in two weeks. Expect a sore arm for two days. Really amazing. Please guys sign up if you can..

Just updated that J&J just announced their single shot vaccine is 66% effective against the virus, so a little less than expected, but still above the minimum level required for vaccine approval (along with other requirements related to safety).

Jim

I got my first Pfizer shot on Tuesday. Second shot in 3 weeks. Very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim, I 100% agree. I have several relatives, doctors, one highly involved with Covid-19 testing and treatment since the start. I am scheduled to get my first Phizer vaccine injection Feb 21 and I wish it were sooner!

I was able to get my 1st Phizer shot Feb 6 and 2nd shot March 3rd. And I had NO side effects other than a bit of twinge/tad of soreness for no more than a few days where the shot was in.

Just updated that J&J just announced their single shot vaccine is 66% effective against the virus, so a little less than expected, but still above the minimum level required for vaccine approval (along with other requirements related to safety).

Jim

Sorry, can't help this joke I've been telling:

Q: Why does the Johnson & Johnson vaccine only require one shot whereas the Phizer and Moderna each require two shots?

A: You're getting both Johnson's in one shot!

Back