• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Peacekeepers TV Movie

USAMP411

Has anyone heard of or seen, or better yet owned, a little known Canadian TV movie called Peacekeepers from 1997? About a group of UN Peacekeepers in Bosnia. Only saw it once and have been trying to find a copy for some years. Anyone ever see it on DVD? If I recall it was pretty decent.

Is that the one written by Pete White?

Jim

As I remember it, they didn't have a commercial release on DVD. I know it was on TV, and if there was a DVD run it was very limited and primarily distributed to those associated with the film. I might not be remembering that correctly, but I can check with someone that will know and post again when I get an answer.

Jim

Not heard of that but if you are into films from the Balkan war period / that part of the world the following are worth a watch, the last one is in the store
I have heard of them but never saw any of them.

I do recall Savior with Dennis Quaid. If I recall, it was a pretty uncomfortable film to watch and directed by a survivor of the Balkans War.

My old unit in the US Army served as peacekeepers in Bosnia in 1995-96 and Kosovo in 1998 or so. I was long gone by then.

Thanks!

As I remember it, they didn't have a commercial release on DVD. I know it was on TV, and if there was a DVD run it was very limited and primarily distributed to those associated with the film. I might not be remembering that correctly, but I can check with someone that will know and post again when I get an answer.

Jim
I cannot remember for the life of me when and where I saw it, but thought I saw it a couple of times. Maybe a run on HBO or something. Could have even been an obscure VHS rental.

Back