• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

WANTED: P/N Skynet SNP-CK69.

flitebynite

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I'm in search of a Carousel power supply for an M700 disc Vault
P/N Skynet SNP-CK69.
I bought a Vault and found it missing.
If anyone has one in serviceable condition, please let me know
Or one that doesn't work. I can try to have it repaired.
Thank you,
Chris

Last edited:
I'm in search of a Carousel power supply for an M700 disc Vault
P/N Skynet SNP-CK69.
I bought a Vault and found it missing.
If anyone has one in serviceable condition, please let me know
Or one that doesn't work. I can try to have it repaired.
Thank you,
Chris
Bump...

Did you inquire if you could still purchase the SVC-KIT-0040 Service Kit from K?

The same power supply is used in the KPLAYER-6000 & M500 in addition to the vaults.

Did you inquire if you could still purchase the SVC-KIT-0040 Service Kit from K?

The same power supply is used in the KPLAYER-6000 & M500 in addition to the vaults.
Thanks for your reply,
As far as I know, the svc-kit-0040 is for the main power supply and not for the Carousel itself.
Unfortunately, I don't even have one that I can send out for repair. I bought this Vault used and it was missing. Along with a number of other things. I've been able to overcome all of it's shortcomings except this missing power supply. I wish I knew an insider at K that could sell me a unit (working or otherwise) I could at least try to get it repaired.
Vault works perfectly otherwise. It just won't load disks.

Last edited:
That's good to know that there are multiple supplies inside of a Vault. The specs on this one are pretty straight forward:

It says that you can't buy online with this one. But they give a phone number where you can ask for a quote. Maybe call them up and ask if they give out samples. That usually works for smaller ICs, but who knows they might give you one to 'evaluate'.

The inside view of the M700.
Notice the empty space in the lower right.

Attachments

• 20200308_162241.jpg
    20200308_162241.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 41
If I'm following correctly, the PSU you are after is NOT the same as the M500/Kplayer 6000 one? If it IS the same one, I have a spare here I could send you?

The vault has two power supplies. The one that he needs runs the vault part. The other one that is common with the M500/k6000 runs the player part. The good news is that it is a single voltage supply and there are several potential replacements available at DigiKey. But the specs that the vault needs are not 100% confirmed yet so I don't want post anything that would confuse the issue.

If someone has a spare, out of warranty vault that they wouldn't mind opening up to check a few things, please get in touch!

Thanks Vodder,
In the picture I posted above, you'll see the main power supply. That's the one that's common to the M500 / K6000 (Which I have a spare) in the lower right corner you can see the space for the missing power supply (P/N unconfirmed).
AW,
I have a PM out to Mike Kobb to confirm P/N of power supply and details on specs, but haven't heard anything back. I may need to call Tech support and see if I can get any information from them.
I do appreciate everyone's help on this.
Chris

Still needed,
In case anyone can help:

The carousel power supply is an SNP-CK69K, which is a customized version of the SNP-CK69. I think it's probably just a wiring/connector customization, but I'm not sure.

image.png

Just in case you should need it, the main power supply is an SNP-Z101

Still needed,
In case anyone can help:

Chris,

Have you considered simply purchasing a similar "24 VDC@2.5 A Industrial Open Frame AC-DC Power Supply" from Mouser or Digikey? The specs here surely are not critical... A little googling:

The data sheet for the SNP-CK69K is here: http://c1170156.r56.cf3.rackcdn.com/UK_SKY_SNP-CK69_DS.pdf

Mouser part# 418-CFM150S240 looks to be a good fit. It is more powerful with 5A, it has the same pinout, the regulation specs is at 1%. Bingo! It should work fine! (The mounting holes are mismatched by a millimeter, but I'm sure that is not much of of a problem...)

The data sheet for the CFM150S240 is https://www.cincon.com/productdownload/SPEC-CFM150S-V10.pdf

Mouser catalogue page: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cincon/CFM150S240?qs=OTrKUuiFdkbKEMP2i6tJuQ==

Hope this helps.

Peter

Chris,

Have you considered simply purchasing a similar "24 VDC@2.5 A Industrial Open Frame AC-DC Power Supply" from Mouser or Digikey? The specs here surely are not critical... A little googling:

The data sheet for the SNP-CK69K is here: http://c1170156.r56.cf3.rackcdn.com/UK_SKY_SNP-CK69_DS.pdf

Mouser part# 418-CFM150S240 looks to be a good fit. It is more powerful with 5A, it has the same pinout, the regulation specs is at 1%. Bingo! It should work fine! (The mounting holes are mismatched by a millimeter, but I'm sure that is not much of of a problem...)

The data sheet for the CFM150S240 is https://www.cincon.com/productdownload/SPEC-CFM150S-V10.pdf

Mouser catalogue page: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cincon/CFM150S240?qs=OTrKUuiFdkbKEMP2i6tJuQ==

Hope this helps.

Peter
Thank you!
I'll definitely give this a try.
Chris

Thank you!
I'll definitely give this a try.
Chris

It will work. The critical part is to get positive and negative correct on the connector. I'd remove the PCB and carefully look how the 6-pin header is connected. Pins 1-3 and 4-6 are most likely tied togeter, so if you get a power supply with 4 pin header, then you can wire it 1-1, 2-2, 3-5, 4-6

It will work. The critical part is to get positive and negative correct on the connector. I'd remove the PCB and carefully look how the 6-pin header is connected. Pins 1-3 and 4-6 are most likely tied togeter, so if you get a power supply with 4 pin header, then you can wire it 1-1, 2-2, 3-5, 4-6
Cool.
Thanks for the instructions....

Back