• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Our first mini system installation

Riskky

We installed our first Mini System this weekend and I thought it would be worth sharing how easily it all went...

The system arrived with us on Thursday and was quickly put onto the test bed and configured up which took probably around 60 seconds.

Friday morning we loaded it into the "High Speed" company van and set off...

Travelling via a couple of AMX insallations in London and a brief overnight at the channel tunnel we finally made it to PARIS on Saturday morning.

Fortunately we had been able to box the mini player and system into one box, so it was a swift carry into our clients flat and we just plugged it into the system (its a joy to have clients who are technically aware, and have all the cables run already to connect, thank you)

Once we had the power turned on, a quick log into the installer menu and fixed the IP's for the residence and AMX system, re-named the second hand player that they had bought and the system was working... beautifully!

We hit a snag with the AMX panel, it's the usual thing of Kaleidescape writing the module and the programmer not ammending all of it to suit the individual system, so a 5 minute adjustment and we were away... job done

I'd like to thank the client for buying the system, and giving us the chance to have a great blast through France and a night out in Paris, I'd also like to thank the french Police for letting us off lightly with the speeding fine, and if anyone on here can accurately guess the exact speed we were stopped at (in Kph), I'll send the first person to get it right a Kaleidescape cap!

This system is brilliant, it lowers the cost of entry to K nicely, but if you think you are going to want to seriously expand it, look to the 1U high server first. Otherwise its a very simple plug and play job and for what I believe to be the ultimate entertainment server on the market a brilliant addition to the range.

I have attached a few photos for the sheer fun of it.

Oh and if anyone who lives in sunny and warm places wants to buy one from us, we'll happily deliver it to you too... beats working in a rain sodden England anyday!

Attachments

• DSC02779.jpg
    DSC02779.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC02782.jpg
    DSC02782.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC02783.jpg
    DSC02783.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC02784.jpg
    DSC02784.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC02798.jpg
    DSC02798.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 37
Great report Kris. nice to hear it went well and nice to see the unboxing pics.

My guess: 145kph

Nice job!

I thought I had the record selling in Honolulu and installing in Florida, but the torch has been passed, (Cannot beat inter-Country!!:D).

Jim

Forgot to guess. 190kph (you did say "high speed" :))

Jim

Just installed our first mini system as well. The hardest part about this was getting the remote's batteries out of the cellophane wrapper! This is true plug and play.

Jim

I think you still have the record, Paris isn't as far away from us in Sheffield as Honolulu is to Florida...

Cap's still safe though... we'd been travelling at the car's speed limiter for a while, and had slowed down because some guy coming toward us had flashed his lights so it wasnt as high speed as it could have been...

For reference we'd done a stupid thing and had missed the mounting bracket in the bottom of the mini player box, so had to fedex it over... mental note to check boxes thoroughly next time.

Kris

Back