• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

"Other" versions issues

rbienstock

I have some titles that my system has merged as alternate "other" versions which are, in fact, completely different content with the same title. Interestingly, they both relate to the same person. The first is the downloaded movie Imagine/Gimme Some Truth which is two documentary movies featuring John Lennon and the Blu Ray disk John Lennon: Gimme Some Truth which is a music-only disk containing multiple John Lennon songs remixed in Dolby Atmos. The second is John Lennon: Plastic Ono Band, which again is a music-only disk containing the album Plastic Ono Band remixed in Dolby Atmos and the DVD Classic Albums: Plastic Ono Band, which is a documentary on the making of that album. These are four titles that all have completely different content and need to show up in the menu as four distinct titles. How can I make that happen?

Also, given that I only discovered this issue this afternoon, it is possible that there are other titles on my system with the same problem. Is there any way to filter or search for titles that have multiple versions so that I can find other titles that have been incorrectly merged?

Furthermore, in cases where there are multiple versions of a movie on my system, is there any way to control which version of the film shows as the main version? For example, I have downloaded the HDR version of Avatar, but it would be my preference for the main version to be the Director's Cut which is a Blu ray disk.

Finally, is it possible to completely avoid the grouping of alternative versions altogether and have each separate version show up on the menu?

In order: only movie guide support can un-/merge/fix discs, Excel-fu (export the movie list and check for duplicate titles will get you closest,) no - it will always show the highest quality available & compatible, and not without planning ahead (enter bunk when importing and hope nobody else gets them to fix it.)

Back