• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Options for Control4 integration

elee532

I’m currently using a modest Control4 system to control my media room. I’m about to get my first Kaleidescape system. I’m wondering if there is some information about options for using Kaleidescape with C4.

It seems like, on the “high end” is the Chowmain driver which costs several hundred dollars and may be overkill for my needs. On the low end, i suppose for just the cost of some C4 dealer time I could configure C4 to power on my system, set the right input on my AVR, and then use the Kaleidescape remote to control things.

Are there any other options in between that I should be considering?

C4 had native (free) drivers that can control every K player or there. The chowmain driver adds the ability to scroll and select movies directly on the remote, touchscreen, or app, more advanced trigger integration (lighting, screen/making size), and a few more really useful but not required things.

It wouldn't take a C4 dealer 10 minutes to add to your system, assuming everything else is functioning well and you can manually turn everything on and work the Kacape system.

You will need to set the system to static IP addresses.

Kevin D.

Thank you @Kevin D! Very helpful!! So, if I am understanding correctly, the C4 native driver would allow me to use a C4 handheld remote to play, pause, stop, maybe up/down, left/right buttons? This might be enough.

Thanks!

It will let you do everything you can do with the Kaleidescape remote, including turning the unit on/off if applicable. It's a full IP driver, so no emitters or extra wiring needed.

It's definitely not basic at all, the chowmain just adds so much more.

Howdy. Just a heads-up that the current version of the Kaleidescape Control4 driver does not work with the latest version of the Control4 software. This is because the driver was using the old iPod Proxy to support browsing the music library on Premiere systems, and that proxy is no longer supported. (I'm referring here to our driver, not the ChowMain driver, which as far as I know is fully compatible.)

We have a new driver version completed and submitted to Control4 for certification. We expect it to be available through the online database shortly. I'm running the new driver at home and it works great.

You're welcome. If your new player arrives before the driver is certified, your dealer can contact our support team for assistance.

Back