• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Option to turn off "HD" label on cover art

iansilv

I would like to be able to turn this off, just because I think it looks better without it. I know what's HD and what's not...

The "HD" on the cover art images is not an overlay and there is no way to turn it off. The only way you can do that is to manually replace the cover art for each title.

I want to see it on mine. I have some SD content, but I would like to see at a glance which is which. But I do agree that it'd be nice to have the choice. I guess you could always groom it by hand, but that would take a WHILE for most collections.

Yeah that's fine- that's why I asked for it as an option. You don't mind it being an option, do you?

Heck, no. I am all about options. I just know that I need it, because even though I have fewer movies than most of you guys do, I can't remember a damn thing any more, so without the little label, I would be screwed. :D :D

I would argue do you care what format is being played as long as its the best in your system? Like I guess you could put in the BR and DVD into your system and have a choice.... I just find that a waste of space though.

I agree we should have the option to have SD, HD, 4K logos. I have also written on another post about this but I think that blueray banner should be removed as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Back