• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Option to set main UI screen resolution and frame rate

dla26

I'm new to Kscape, so this might be an option somewhere, but if it is, I can't find it. It seems that the menu screens are 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz while most of the content is 3840 x 2160 @ 24Hz. Every time I just from the UI to watching something, my projector takes what seems forever to get itself in the right mode. Meanwhile, the scene is playing and the sound is going, so I have to hit pause and wait until the projector is ready. My pj isn't *that* old (it's a JVC DLA-RS4500K, which originally released in 2017) so if it's a problem for me, I assume it's a problem for other people. If I could just have the UI show up at 24Hz, jumping from the UI to content and back again would be a lot more seamless.

Soon after I posted the above suggestion, I dove a bit deeper into the web interface and found some more advanced menus, and sure enough, it was in there!

Sad to hear the newer JVC's are still slow when switching. Was hoping that would be a thing of the past once I eventually upgraded mine.

I was on a call with K's engineering team and they were digging through my settings and suggested I set OSD Refresh Rate to "Prefer 60Hz Onscreen Menus" and Video Output Behavior to "Minimize Display Mode Changes". They assured me that this would look the same as locking everything in at 24Hz, while maintaining the smooth menu animations.

It was explained that when feeding 24Hz content through at 60Hz, there is no motion smoothing or frame interpolation that is going on, it's essentially adding a pulldown to the 24p content and then removing that pulldown in the projector.

I've been using that setup and have seen nothing to make me believe they were incorrect.

If you happen to have a Lumagen Pro, you can easily do this… Also, Mike Kobb from K posted how he is outputting everything at 60Hz using his projector. He has a Sony. I will try and find that post.

This is the thread….

I actually do have a Lumagen. I was about to change the setting you recommended, but then thought the better of it since I didn't want the Kscape to be handling too much of the video conversion instead of the Lumagen. I'll check out that thread. Thanks so much!

I actually do have a Lumagen. I was about to change the setting you recommended, but then thought the better of it since I didn't want the Kscape to be handling too much of the video conversion instead of the Lumagen. I'll check out that thread. Thanks so much!
I would call Lumagen support. Jim has several ways to do what you want. I believe he uses 24Hz for everything with K. He also has a JVC 4500, so your setups would be very close. SJ

Back