• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

No Time To Die - now available to rent - Why no Dolby Atmos audio?

TAY

Why would the new "rental" No Time To Die come without a Dolby Atmos track? Dolby Atmos is available form iTunes. I hope it has Dolby Atmos when it becomes available to purchase or I will have to purchase a 4K Blu-ray disc.

The Atmos update is now live.

If you rented and have not yet watched the film, the update should be available under My Updates on the store.

If watched it yesterday before the update came through, please let me know.

Last edited:
Howdy folks,

It turns out that our update mechanism is currently having an issue with doing updates for rental content. If you rented and downloaded the movie before the Atmos audio was added, and Update is not working for you, you can instead just delete the movie (using the mobile app or the web store, if you wish, or from the onscreen display or browser interface on your system), and then schedule the download again.

Howdy folks,

It turns out that our update mechanism is currently having an issue with doing updates for rental content. If you rented and downloaded the movie before the Atmos audio was added, and Update is not working for you, you can instead just delete the movie (using the mobile app or the web store, if you wish, or from the onscreen display or browser interface on your system), and then schedule the download again.

Thanks for this Mike. I ran into this on my system and finally gave up and deleted it. Glad to hear it wasn’t an isolated issue on my system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning presentation. Audio and video are first class - absolutely loved it. Thanks Kaleidescape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Atmos mix sounded really great despite it being mostly static 7.1 according to a post on AVS. I tried to verify the claim by going through the bookmarked scenes with the Trinnov object viewer and the channel output screen. Sure enough, 95% of the time it's 7.1.

--wilson

The Atmos mix sounded really great despite it being mostly static 7.1 according to a post on AVS. I tried to verify the claim by going through the bookmarked scenes with the Trinnov object viewer and the channel output screen. Sure enough, 95% of the time it's 7.1.

--wilson

I think you'll find that's the case for many Atmos encoded films.

Jim

--wilson
I know, but in my set-up it doesn't make it any less immersive as a result.

I think you'll find that's the case for many Atmos encoded films.

Jim
A little surprising for such a high-budget production. For example, in the car-chase scene "We're Leaving", the only time speakers beyond the 7.1 come alive is a few seconds of the church bells ringing.

While I do like and look for the Atmos versions of movies I'm buying, I think many Atmos titles are oversold on the improvements. There are certainly some incredible Atmos tracks out there, but I'm beginning to wonder how many have minimal impact on a films audio.

Jim

While I do like and look for the Atmos versions of movies I'm buying, I think many Atmos titles are oversold on the improvements. There are certainly some incredible Atmos tracks out there, but I'm beginning to wonder how many have minimal impact on a films audio.

Jim
Reading Jim's comment prompted me to start this thread on lossless Atmos music.

My thinking was that anyone who is interested in a complete different level of immersive experience might want to check out Atmos music.

Back