• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

No HDMI Signal from M700

bdo21

I have an M700 player and every so often (once every few weeks) it does not seem to send a video signal - the TV says no signal from the HDMI port and I can only get it to work by pulling the power cord out of the M700 and rebooting it. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution? I started importing several bluray discs from Christmas and it is giving me the no signal error so I cannot watch anything until it finishes importing and I can reboot.

Thank you

Have you tried hot-plugging the HDMI cable instead of rebooting the M700? That can often resolve handshake issues between display and playback devices.

I have a similar issue with one of my TVs and the K Player but in my case I know its due to a handshake issue between the receiver that powers that rooms speakers, and the TV and the K Player. If I switch inputs on my receiver the K screen comes up. As to how to resolve it, there are some HDMI splitters/ boosters out there that can substitute EDID (handshake) configurations and often this will resolve these issues. I simply switch inputs on my receiver knowing what I'm experiencing.

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for your replies. When you say 'hot plugging', do you mean unplug the HDMI cable from the M700 and plug it back in again? I am quite sure I tried that before but I can check next time it happens. The M700 is connected directly to the TV so there is no receiver in the middle. Thanks

It happened again this evening. I tried unplugging the HDMI cable from the M700 and plugging it back in - it didn't work. I had to pull the power cord out and plug it in again and the signal came back. It is clearly very intermittent - anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

Back