• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Newbie questions on the music system

JerryL

My dealer has not even installed the actual music player, but the K software has updated itself and I have a few questions as I was trying to use the K 2500 DVD player to play back music on a tv- just to check it out.

On my crestron remote (1770) I am not getting any buttons for pause/ play- is that supposed to be like that?

Can I edit the names of the CDs the way I can on the DVDs?

Overall I am quite impressed- and I think the dangerous thing is I am now expecting to be impressed by Kaleidescape. :)

Hey Jerry,
You definitely should have play/pause buttons for music. I don't use a crestron but they should be there. It's the same play/pause used for movies, so it sounds like a template problem in your crestron programming.

and YES, you can edit names and info for CD's.... it's not currently QUITE as flexible as movie editing, and if you override the system-supplied metadata you can't easily go back and you lose some of the connections to the enhanced metadata like artist bios, photos, etc.

But it is quite impressive...

--josh

Thanks Josh,

I found that out last night. In particular, I have some DTS CDs that Id like to add to the info that they should not be played unless in my theater.

I will have to address the crestron issues with the crestron programmer. A long time ago I could program these things,but they have since changed the software and I decided I like being the customer better than the programmer!

Back